Reliable dropper posts

Sept. 9, 2012, 8:57 p.m.

So my reverb is leaking air again. I had it fully rebuilt in June…. I bought it in April.

IMO this is just one more crappy SRAM product.

So I'm going to buy a new one. What are you guys out there using? Anyone been running a DOSS or a Kronolog for 6 months +???

Sept. 9, 2012, 9:10 p.m.

Have about 70-80 days of problem free riding on my Specialized Command Post. Had a lemon to start with and broke the mechanism back in 2011, but warranty was fast and problem-free, and I have ridden the crap out of it since then, about 35 days of racing and equal that (and more) in just riding.

Heli lot better than my Reverb. Sent that POS into Norco for its second round of warranty, got charged through the nose for service, post failed on first ride back, sent it back again, and haven't seen it in 4 friggin months. Nightmare.

Definitely recommend the Command Post. Just make sure the cable is set up right.

Sept. 9, 2012, 9:59 p.m.

Gravity Dropper.

mine is 3yrs old and service involves some grease, that's it.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 9, 2012, 10:02 p.m.

I have not seen one out yet that has the reliability that I need to put that kind of coin down again.

I would run away from the kronolog…I have read nothing good about it. The doss looks interesting but untested and that lever looks..ugh. Thomson is working on a new post that looks awesome (except for the the head mounted cable). The KS LEV looks interesting but since I had so many issues with my KS-i950r I am very leery of it.

As I said I would stay away for a while…just keep on fixing the reverb till something else better comes out, they are the best on the market at the moment.

Also this is the wrong forum…maybe see if you can get it moves to the gear forum, you will get more reply's.

Sept. 9, 2012, 10:48 p.m.

My Rase Black mamba has been rock solid.

Sept. 10, 2012, 8:46 a.m.

i dont get how so many people have had probs with their reverb. Mines coming up for its second season of use, gets zero maintenance, has been bleed twice in 18 months. the only problem i had was when i crashed and ripped the cable out really…

Sept. 10, 2012, 8:50 a.m.

My KS is finicky as hell, but it works every time, albeit with a bit of finesse.
It will rise if you lift the bike by the seat, but by far the worst thing that ever happened was when the seat mount unthreaded while I was going mach chicken through the trees.

In the end I love the ability to make snap changes to the saddle height. It's worth it putting up with the little annoyances.

Sept. 10, 2012, 9:08 a.m.

www.gravitydropper.com.
Ultra reliable, relatively cheap, good customer service, and really fast and inexpensive service.

Sept. 10, 2012, 9:17 a.m.

www.gravitydropper.com.
Ultra reliable, relatively cheap, good customer service, and really fast and inexpensive service.

this. most reliable, cheapest and lightest option. can't understand why anyone would buy anything else

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 10, 2012, 10:41 a.m.

this. most reliable, cheapest and lightest option. can't understand why anyone would buy anything else

I am 260lbs, want infinite adjust and they are fugly. If you are light and are okay with set saddle heights and like ugly things on your bike, then go for it…great post!

Sept. 10, 2012, 11:40 a.m.

I am 260lbs, want infinite adjust and they are fugly. If you are light and are okay with set saddle heights and like ugly things on your bike, then go for it…great post!

I have to disagree about needing to be light. I'm 270 lb and been running one for around a year. I bought it used, had it serviced by Gravity Dropper Turbo and have had no issues. I would like to have infinite adjustability, but I'll take the reliability over it. Getting it serviced by Gravity Dropper was quick. My wifes Reverb has been gone for 2 weeks at Norco and will get picked up this week. Shipping the Gravity Drooper to Gravity Dropper in the states to be serviced took about the same time and I think with shipping I paid around $60.

Master of Puppets

Sept. 10, 2012, 11:47 a.m.

I'll take reliability over a fashion show any day.

Due to 27.2 seat tube on my bike my options were limited. Really glad I picked the Gravity Dropper.

Sept. 10, 2012, 11:53 a.m.

I have a 27.2 x-fusion hilo. It's been pretty reliable so far and has the option for remote or under the seat lever. I've used both and the remote is working well for me (as long as I only use a single ziptie). But I'm 180 lbs. If I was a big dude like you I'd go for the ultimate in reliable-gravity dropper. And although I appreciate the infinite positions of the hilo, I don't think I would be any worse off with a gravity dropper with multi positions (say 1" and 4" drop.)

But yes the gravity droppers are fugly. Oh well.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 10, 2012, 12:12 p.m.

Yeah I just don't like the GD posts…nothing about them interests me. Does not mean they are not good, no, just not for me.

If you do go for a GD then make sure to not mount the release pin forward…some people have been experiencing issues when mounted like that.

Sept. 10, 2012, 12:14 p.m.

I have to disagree about needing to be light. I'm 270 lb and been running one for around a year. I bought it used, had it serviced by Gravity Dropper Turbo and have had no issues. I would like to have infinite adjustability, but I'll take the reliability over it. Getting it serviced by Gravity Dropper was quick. My wifes Reverb has been gone for 2 weeks at Norco and will get picked up this week. Shipping the Gravity Drooper to Gravity Dropper in the states to be serviced took about the same time and I think with shipping I paid around $60.

A full service costs $15, and if you add on replacement parts, then the price goes up. You are responsible for shipping there, but they cover the return.

I have a 27.2 x-fusion hilo. It's been pretty reliable so far and has the option for remote or under the seat lever. I've used both and the remote is working well for me (as long as I only use a single ziptie). But I'm 180 lbs. If I was a big dude like you I'd go for the ultimate in reliable-gravity dropper. And although I appreciate the infinite positions of the hilo, I don't think I would be any worse off with a gravity dropper with multi positions (say 1" and 4" drop.)

But yes the gravity droppers are fugly. Oh well.

So I still don't get the infinite adjustment argument. This weekend, the reverb on the bike I was riding was pissing me off because I never knew if it was fully up or not. As for the looks, I think that a big ungainly loop of cable is much uglier than anything else, especially if you can catch it on something. Most people don't like the boot, but there are other options.