Recycling oils and fluids

April 30, 2020, 3:17 p.m.

A few questions:

- Which oils and fluids are recyclable, and which are not?

- Where can oils/fluids be returned for recycling or proper disposal?

- Do different oils and fluids need to be kept separate from each other (e.g. can mineral oil and suspension oil go in the same container)?

May 1, 2020, 7:59 a.m.

Don't know if it helps but at the local waste centre all the ATF, motor oil, diff fluid, brake fluid, etc. goes in the same giant tank and then something happens to it. If you're hoping to drop your old suspension oil off to get filtered and reused you may be out of luck.

May 1, 2020, 9:26 a.m.

Posted by: mrbrett

Don't know if it helps but at the local waste centre all the ATF, motor oil, diff fluid, brake fluid, etc. goes in the same giant tank and then something happens to it. If you're hoping to drop your old suspension oil off to get filtered and reused you may be out of luck.

Yeah, I'm not talking for my own reuse. I am just talking about proper disposal. I have a bunch of containers of used oils and fluids going at home and am starting to think about how to properly get rid of them.

May 2, 2020, 8:13 a.m.

I’ve always kept the fluids separated but probably don’t need to. For disposal you can drop off at many recycling centres and Canadian tire.