Recommendations for a good pair of riding sunglasses?

June 18, 2017, 7:32 p.m.

Posted by: sjshaw672

You might find some anti-fog safety glasses if you look around?

Also... What is 'racket ball'? Is it the Canadian name for tennis? (never heard it here in the UK)

I think it's called squash in the UK. Its like tennis but it's played in a big room and you bounce the ball off the walls to score points. It was popular in the US in the 80s.

June 18, 2017, 8:14 p.m.

Posted by: D-Type

Also... What is 'racket ball'? Is it the Canadian name for tennis? (never heard it here in the UK)

I think it's called squash in the UK. Its like tennis but it's played in a big room and you bounce the ball off the walls to score points. It was popular in the US in the 80s.

Racketball and squash are two seperate sports.  Squash is played with a small ball that doesn't bouce well at all whereas racketball is played with a ball that bouces much higher.  

Both are played inside a walled court, but each has a different set of boundary lines.  IMHO, squash is much, much better and give you a great workout.

Back to the topic of eyewear - squash glasses may be the trick.  $20 at the sports store for a set of Head brand glasses that never fog on the court.  Might be a cheap solution

June 18, 2017, 10:05 p.m.

Posted by: Cabana76

Posted by: D-Type

Racketball and squash are two seperate sports.  Squash is played with a small ball that doesn't bouce well at all whereas racketball is played with a ball that bouces much higher.  

Both are played inside a walled court, but each has a different set of boundary lines.  IMHO, squash is much, much better and give you a great workout.

Back to the topic of eyewear - squash glasses may be the trick.  $20 at the sports store for a set of Head brand glasses that never fog on the court.  Might be a cheap solution

Thanks for clarifying! I probably skimmed the Wikipedia article a little too fast lol.

June 19, 2017, 10:21 p.m.

Pretty happy with my riders thorn anti-fog photochromatic glasses. They're a bit big but the anti-fog really works and I can't live without photochromatic lenses anymore. I lost pair of specialized berm's which were photo chromatic last winter on a back country ski trip. I was super bummed. Those were my favorite all time MTB glasses.