Recommendation: Most breathable lightweight mtb pants for summer

May 21, 2022, 5:46 a.m.

I'd have to say no to that, the material is definitely not on the tough end of the spectrum. Flat pedal pins can still give your calf a nasty scrape through the pants, although the material is tough enough not to disintegrate into holes when it happens. No big crashes in them to report on yet though.

May 21, 2022, 8:46 a.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: andy-eunson

Posted by: Sethimus

Posted by: demo7_rider

I've found the 7iDP Sam Hill pads to be the best at staying put. The Sastec insert is removable for washing and the surrounding padding gives more shin and side-of-knee protection than most.

As far as pants go, the Nukeproof Blackline are really great value if you're already placing a Wiggle/CRC order. Close fitting but super thin and stretchy, keeps pads even more secure.

i also have the sam hill pads, they stay on all day, feel just like some cycling knee warmers

Can confirm. I have two pair now so one pair is always dry. I really don’t notice them being too hot even on 30°C days.

If the pants are light enough to be that comfortable in hot weather are they durable enough to provide any real protection? Have you crashed in them and how did they do?

I’ve fallen off a few times but not particularly hard but no marks yet. I wouldn’t think they’d be super durable for say bike park use but for my purposes they should be fine. I hike in them too.

Last edited by: andy-eunson on May 21, 2022, 8:54 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 21, 2022, 8:04 p.m.

It was about 16 deg C today and sunny. I wore a pair of Endura Singletrack II Trousers. They were wam, but not bad. If the good weather holds I'll be switching to shorts going forward and back to pants in September most likely.

May 22, 2022, 9:27 a.m.

I've always thot of mtn biking as often hot/ dirty / dusty  but I've talked to  some folks from down south  stop wearing padz when it gets  hot

what you don't crash when it gets hot I ask em ?

no answer

May 26, 2022, 11:23 a.m.

I often used to ride in Kuhl Revolvr Rogue hiking pants. Not bad.

June 14, 2022, 11:41 p.m.

I'm riding the Fuck Boi NF DP3 pants. I went all black so no point in getting a DP4 pant yet. Also need to get a new pair of knee pads. I'd like somethign super slim, with coverage around the knee; and if possible hard plastic shell.

I'll likely need to get a pair of mtn bike knee pads and anther set for sledding and moto

Norrona Fjora pants have full length zippers on the outside for vents/pad application.

Last edited by: Endur-Bro on June 14, 2022, 11:42 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 10, 2022, 6:12 p.m.

What are the hiking pants you can recommend for the winter season? It’s going to be a cold winter, and I need to be prepared for it because I will probably have to spend more time in the woods than usual this year. It’s part of my survival competition program, and I am looking for any new solutions on the market that might help me stay warmer.
It was my second time doing this competition, and I gained a lot of experience the first time. I might have a lot of tops to wear with mom jeans, but it’s not a good idea to wear such jeans in the woods, and it’s better to have less stylish but more comfortable hiking pants.
So, which brand do you think is the best?

Last edited by: lubapurkhiser on Nov. 11, 2022, 2:09 a.m., edited 1 time in total.