rear tyre

Dec. 2, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

Guys I think of changing my rock razor rear tyre, for something with more grip for the winter -[HTML_REMOVED] damp-a bit wet conditions (better all rounder) . But want it to be as less draggy as possible.
What about the new nobby nic? I read good stuff as a rear tyre. Has anyone ridden it?

ps. which maxxis tyre guys, recommend for rear use, that is capable all year?
i read that dhr 2, is quite good for all year round, and a decent roller. opinions please!
i had dhr 1 and i felt like i was pulling an anchor!!!

Dec. 2, 2015, 3:01 p.m.

I've been running the new Nobby Nic for a little while (~3 weeks) as a rear. No complaints for traction wet or 'dry'. Pretty big for a 2.35. The weight is really close to the DHR II (NN = 720 g; DHR2 = 750 g). Both tires have decent drag in smooth stuff though. I'd probably go for the DHR2; around the same weight and a little more traction for those slippy/fun bits of trail.

Mike

Dec. 2, 2015, 7:40 p.m.

LOVE the dhr2 3c 2.3 for winter , wears too fast in summer. Predictable as heck on wood.

Dec. 2, 2015, 8:01 p.m.

i ran the new NN up front and switched to a HR2 with a RR in the back , may have to try the NN in the rear for the winter months

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 5, 2015, 5:28 a.m.

I have a new Minion SS semi slick on the rear of my 27.5 Strive.

Traction is really, really good. Even in the very wet, super greasy and rooty conditions right now.
I have to say that I don't find that it rolls incredibly fast. It is faster than the DHR II, but not as fast as a Rock Razor Pacestar. It has a lot more grip on roots though, because it is a softer compound.

I am really comfortable riding it all winter, I even rode it through snow last week and had a blast.

So if they're available in Canada yet, get one.

The new Nobby Nic is pretty draggy for the grip it offers, also I don't like the tubeless easy carcass construction from schwalbe - even though I always liked the tubeless ready ones. Weird.