rear tires

Sept. 10, 2019, 8:35 p.m.

I replaced a Maxxis  Agressor with the DHRII cuz the Agressor wasnt really that agressive but it was fast n loose and it came on the bike

Sept. 11, 2019, 11:50 a.m.

Shameless plug but if anyone wants new 27.5 eThirteen tires I have a new pair I'll sell ya cheap:  https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2601231/

Sept. 11, 2019, 9:22 p.m.

I have been running the aggressor 2.5 on several of my bikes. It is a dual compound but I like it better than the max terra highroller and minions I have been using prior. It packs a bit in mud or sticky snow but this is not usually a big problem on the shore. I used it all last winter and summer and has become my new go to.

Sept. 12, 2019, 11:14 a.m.

Posted by: Jenkins5

Loving my new E13 TRSr tires (the new ones released a few months ago). Noticeably faster rolling than the previous gen and still tons of grip. Casing feels similar to an EXO+ in the super scientific "hand feel test"....Tried the Assegai too and it's grippy but super slow rolling IMO...

Which Assegai did you run?

Im thinking about swapping out my Gen 1 E13 TRS+ for a Max Terra

Sept. 12, 2019, 11:23 a.m.

The 5.5 came with an Aggressor on the back, the sidewalls always seemed a little flimsy to me probably cuz the stan's fluid would seep out the side walls and leave wet spots, wipe it off and the next day more wet spots but the tire never actualy failed

In use I found it was a fast rolling tire, not great in mud even in dry conditions the backend would slide a bit in corners which was actualy good to bring the back around faster on the wagon wheeler till I got used to the big wheels/longer TT,

I replaced it with a dhr II for better traction and no more sliding ... now the Aggressor is a spare

Sept. 12, 2019, 6:09 p.m.

Posted by: ehfour

Loving my new E13 TRSr tires (the new ones released a few months ago). Noticeably faster rolling than the previous gen and still tons of grip. Casing feels similar to an EXO+ in the super scientific "hand feel test"....Tried the Assegai too and it's grippy but super slow rolling IMO...

Max Terra. Super slow IMO. Check out Cam's review of the new TRS on the front page (same ones I'm running). Might be worth a shot....

Sept. 13, 2019, 9:52 a.m.

Max Terra. Super slow IMO. Check out Cam's review of the new TRS on the front page (same ones I'm running). Might be worth a shot....

Read it and a few other private reviews, seems like the jury is still out on wet weather performance.

if you can, would love to hear about your thoughts on these new tires on shore in the wet

Sept. 13, 2019, 1:13 p.m.

Read it and a few other private reviews, seems like the jury is still out on wet weather performance.

if you can, would love to hear about your thoughts on these new tires on shore in the wet

Mopo is awesome in the wet. I only ride Squamish, Pemby, and the Shore and wet weather performance is amazing thus far. I think it's better then MaxxGrip DHF for sure. I run about 20-21psi front and 25-27 PSI rear on the TRS tires. If I was on LG1 En rear I'd run lower.....Cam also agrees: "MOPO compound grips like a MOFO on rock slabs or wet roots". Were the other reviews of the new tires or the previous gen?

For the fall/winter, Mopo rear is the call, but for spring/summer the Race compound will be fine too (harder middle with Mopo side lugs)

Last edited by: Jenkins5 on Sept. 13, 2019, 1:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.