Rapha gear worth the money?

Jan. 6, 2017, 7:20 p.m.

No doubt Rapha gets a premium mark-up on other brands gear. They used Giro shoes with slight differences and they are more than Giro.

That being said, their bib shorts are easily the best bibs I have ever used on the road.

Agree with this.

The Rapha Pro Team bibs are the best fitting bibs I've worn. I've had Sugoi RSX and PI Pro4s, no Assos to compare, but really comparing $330 bibs to $500+ isn't really fair. The Pro Team gear is sized like you'd think. The classic is a little easier for mortals to fit into. I'm wearing size small in Pro Team bibs and jerseys and Classic Jersey. The merino accessories on sale are a good idea/value, I have the merino knee and arm warmers.

Anyway it's super cool to hate on Rapha, TLD, Sombrio, Patagonia, Burton…

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 6, 2017, 8:15 p.m.

My neighbour is a former triathlon racer and swears by them.

:nerd::hurt:

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Jan. 11, 2017, 5:18 p.m.

I don't have an opinion either way (doesn't interest me), but here's a counterpoint from someone who usually does good reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZrEAk9qmLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HV8pqGTtGY

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Jan. 11, 2017, 5:43 p.m.

^ :lol: He sounds like a typical cyclist. Probably complains when his tires and drivetrain wears out as well and how much shops charge for labour.

Guy put 5000KM on a pair of lightweight bibs in a ten week period. And 55 000KM on a saddle in two years.

"EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FREE AND LAST ONE MILLION YEARS!!!!!" "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY I DO BIKE REVIEWS!!!!"

He brings up some valid points, but give it a rest buddy. Unsure why a person would buy a pair of Lightweight Pro bibs knowing that they'll put 5000KM in ten weeks on them. Then continue to buy them. Why not just cut your losses and go shell out major cash for Assos bibs?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 12, 2017, 9:44 a.m.

^^^ happy early 15k post!

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 6, 2017, 2:46 a.m.

Pactimo are also good.

With Rapha you have to be willing for half the people that see you to think you're an idiot and the other half to admire the kit...