Rain jackets

May 14, 2017, 12:27 a.m.

Does anyone of you have the 7mesh ReGen jacket? It is apparently made from Gore Tex Active 3L...whatever that means. 

Found a deal on it. 

I have been happy with my Endura rainjacket for the last few years, but now it is pretty run down. I just plan on using it as my bike park jacket. 

So I need a new one for touring/commuting/trail riding.

May 14, 2017, 11:24 a.m.

Gore Active 3L is a lighter weight material than the 3L Pro.  The outer layer denier is where the durability of a shell comes from.  Active is likely a better biking application for material choice.  The Revelation scored the most Enduro cool points so I went with that one.

Likely boils down to if you "need" a hood and if those Thriller-esque wrist zippers are your jam.

May 17, 2017, 2:12 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Gore Active 3L is a lighter weight material than the 3L Pro.  The outer layer denier is where the durability of a shell comes from.  Active is likely a better biking application for material choice.  The Revelation scored the most Enduro cool points so I went with that one.

Likely boils down to if you "need" a hood and if those Thriller-esque wrist zippers are your jam.

Thanks for the reply. I guess if I should go for it (which is a bit open right now since I got travel plans and have some better options for getting 'rid' of my money than spending 200 € on a jacket that I might not need to have right now) it is a more inexpensive choice than the Revelation or other, high-end jackets.

Last edited by: Mic on May 17, 2017, 2:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.