Nov. 15, 2016, 5:32 p.m.

Went out for a ride on Friday wearing:

Giro Winter Merino Wool socks
5.10 Impact IXV Clips
P.I. IN-R-Cool Bibs
Norrøna Fjørå Dri3 shorts
Lightweight Merino wool Tee
3/4 Synthetic Jersey

I was comfortable the entire ride and had an okay sweat going on.

I'm thinking in the future if it's raining heavily I may try layering my painted-on road cycling vest between the Tee and jersey.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 15, 2016, 6:46 p.m.

7mesh jackets are currently 40% off on their website

Nov. 15, 2016, 7:08 p.m.

Ive been using a Dakine Caliber stretch goretex jacket for bad weather. Its light packable , pitzips a hood that fits my super2r INSIDE it perfectly. very comfy and dry. On les epic rain days i use an axiom water resistant softshell. Warm breathes really well and keeps me reasonably dry except when a full on downpour. The two together with a lighweight merino is all I need for below zero riding.
Two jackets works best for me , especially when I can carry the waterproof one in my pack without noticing its there. 140 bucks for the dakine..

Nov. 16, 2016, 6:41 p.m.

7mesh jackets are currently 40% off on their website

Now there's a deal worth taking advantage of - those jackets are Gore-Tex Pro, which is really waterproof and breathable and durable. Here's a link: http://shop.7meshinc.com/Revelation-Jkt-M

Nov. 17, 2016, 7:14 a.m.

perfect, just when i bought the gore jacket :/ FML

Nov. 17, 2016, 8:54 a.m.

I've been wearing my 7mesh for a couple of months now. I sweat a lot and this does a great job at keeping me comfortable. As waterproof as it gets but this is never as much of a problem as breathability. It takes a bit of experimentation with which vents you want open and what to wear as a base for the conditions. I found that you need to build a bit of heat up inside in order to get the jacket to breathe effectively. If you leave all the vents and zipper open, the jacket doesn't work as well. You need a large difference between inside and outside temperature.

I'm happy with it, and the customer service. I stopped in and chatted with Bobby for a while. These guys are awesome, know their shit and stand behind their product 100%. I bailed hard and caught the sleeve on a sharp rock. Relatively minor damage considering the speed and the trail but a small hole and scuff nonetheless. I dropped off the jacket and within a week it was repaired, free of charge. Try getting that with other cheaper jackets.

Highly recommended, especially with the current pricing. That deal can't be passed up for one of the best (if not the best) jackets available from a Squamish company with lifetime warranty. Support local!

Nov. 17, 2016, 5:20 p.m.

I've been wearing my 7mesh for a couple of months now. I sweat a lot and this does a great job at keeping me comfortable. As waterproof as it gets but this is never as much of a problem as breathability. It takes a bit of experimentation with which vents you want open and what to wear as a base for the conditions. I found that you need to build a bit of heat up inside in order to get the jacket to breathe effectively. If you leave all the vents and zipper open, the jacket doesn't work as well. You need a large difference between inside and outside temperature.

I'm happy with it, and the customer service. I stopped in and chatted with Bobby for a while. These guys are awesome, know their shit and stand behind their product 100%. I bailed hard and caught the sleeve on a sharp rock. Relatively minor damage considering the speed and the trail but a small hole and scuff nonetheless. I dropped off the jacket and within a week it was repaired, free of charge. Try getting that with other cheaper jackets.

Highly recommended, especially with the current pricing. That deal can't be passed up for one of the best (if not the best) jackets available from a Squamish company with lifetime warranty. Support local!

You are right. So I bought one to match my shorts.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 29, 2016, 9:40 a.m.

I am blown away by the 7mesh jacket. I am a sweater and struggle even in the most breathable of fabrics. In the end, I usually just resort to "warm but wet". Rode during the downpour on Sunday and came home bone dry - couldn't believe it!

Seriously considering a pair of the shorts!

May 9, 2017, 5:25 p.m.

Every year I end up getting a Dakine jacket and every year I complain bitterly that I'll never buy one again because they fucking break.

Right now I'm looking at RF Team Chute but was wondering if the 7Mesh really is worth two to three times the price?

May 10, 2017, 7:33 a.m.

Yes. I have learned over the years that with rain jackets, cheap is not economical because you end up spending more on several cheap jackets than for one very good jacket. You do have to temper that with how rough you will be. Like an XTR derailleur will work better longer than an SLX but if you break derailleurs off on rocks then it is not cost effective.

May 10, 2017, 7:36 a.m.

Do you figure you'll be an XL or a XXL in the revelation?  

I picked up the old model on clearance a week or so ago.

May 10, 2017, 7:39 a.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

I suspect it will be one or the other, but will need to try it on...

I checked online and their clearance section was out of every size.  Do they have some in stock in Squish?

May 10, 2017, 9:33 a.m.

If you sweat lots, I would look atPolartec Neoshell.  It has the best breath-ability and good enough water proof.  I believe Sugoi uses this technology and is way cheaper than GoreTex.

May 10, 2017, 4:21 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: Endur-Bro

I suspect it will be one or the other, but will need to try it on...

I checked online and their clearance section was out of every size.  Do they have some in stock in Squish?

No idea. Use the chat button on their site.  The people are pretty helpful with answers in close to real time.  They told me shops in Van that sold 7mesh.  I want to say Steed and Lynn Valley off the top of my head. West Point and La Bicycletta too. 

I likely couldn't justify this jacket at full pop. Same thing with the Mission Workshop jackets

May 12, 2017, 1:11 p.m.

Used the Revelation jacket on my ride yesterday.  It's been reviewed to death so I won't bother.

Satisfied with my purchase.