PUSH Industries

March 31, 2010, 12:35 p.m.

Do it yourself and learn something.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 31, 2010, 1:01 p.m.

James Rocks and I have taken him all my work the last couple years.
My buddy in LA uses PUSH, so I have ridden both a lot. All I can say is that they both do an incredible job! Save the shipping hassle and send it to James.

March 31, 2010, 1:15 p.m.

I hear that James is immortal and can beat up Chuck Norris.

Do you mean that bible thumping looser. :dead:

I hear when James does a push up the earth moves under him.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

March 31, 2010, 1:17 p.m.

I second that. Really, it's not rocket science. I've used James as well and he's good but when I do it my self (when I have time) it doesn't feel all that different.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

March 31, 2010, 1:48 p.m.

I just serviced my 36 talas last night. I'm sure I could have tackled the pike if I had the time in the shop. Also there was a issue with the u-turn assembly I wanted looked @.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

March 31, 2010, 1:58 p.m.
  • All fork functions are checked by technician utilizing a hand dyno

I'm pretty sure i hand dyno'd my fork before riding to work this morning and confirmed (without the need for a second tech) that my rebound was just right.

March 31, 2010, 2:03 p.m.
  • Blue travel indicator o-ring installed

OMG OMG OMG this plus the PUSH sticker makes it all worth while.

March 31, 2010, 2:10 p.m.

I'm pretty sure i hand dyno'd my fork before riding to work this morning and confirmed (without the need for a second tech) that my rebound was just right.

Hahahaha … awesome!

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

March 31, 2010, 2:26 p.m.

going back to the original question, avoid UPS like the plague. If possible, ask PUSH ship it back via USPS or even FedEx

and it doesn't hurt to ask UPS why they do this, and to mention that you consistently advise people against using UPS as long as they charge for brokerage. If you get kicked in the nuts, kick back 100x harder

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 31, 2010, 2:33 p.m.

I hear that James is immortal and can beat up Chuck Norris.

James lubes fork stanchions with Chuck Norris's tears.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

March 31, 2010, 2:55 p.m.

i hear James is going to play the part of Mr. Norris in the new film..

no acting required, hes a natural for the role…

March 31, 2010, 3:43 p.m.

James lubes fork stanchions with Chuck Norris's tears.

gold.

March 31, 2010, 8:15 p.m.

James was Chuck's stunt double in this. True story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2XUgE6g7XU

March 31, 2010, 8:20 p.m.

was James in the bear suit ?

LOL

April 1, 2010, 8:43 a.m.

A couple of things.

We ship into Canada daily without any issues. We use USPS for return ground shipments and FedEx for our air shipments. With FedEx the brokerage is built in so there's no hidden charges. So, you're all set there.

As for our services. Both our Factory Rebuild and Factory Fork System use proprietary components that are designed, engineered, and manufactured here at PUSH. Our Factory Fork System for 32mm RS forks adds several features that don't come stock including both an adjustable mid valve for compression, as well as a complete shimmed circuit for rebound. The stock Motion Control uses a single hole, or port orifice system to control the damping. The system is good and provides a good range of user adjustment but doesn't feature the complexity of a shimmed system that offers greater performance and control and tuneability. So, yes you can tune the stock MC units, but you're limited to oil viscosity and volume which will only get you so far.

In order to do our tuning we manufacture and assemble the entire damping rod and piston assembly. The rod assembly is built specific to your application based on rider weight, style, and bike before being installed in your fork.

It's not the best picture in the world, but here's a shot of our Factory Fork System rod assembly.

Darren