props to gravity dropper and banshee

Aug. 16, 2013, 9:02 p.m.

I was worried about a pivot on my 09 rune with the interweb chatter I had seen about a few of the older runes and spittys. one pivot axle had the anodizing worn off so I thought i'd better check before I sold it to someone (i'd like to get the new rune). I had taken them apart a few times (super easy) and for some reason I remembered it as being the main frame pivot at the lower link so banshee (Dennis)sent me a link to get that pivot. super impressed how quick they respond to customer inquiries. I received the axle/bushing and when I went to put it in I realized that one was fine and that the wear was actually the other end of that link that attachs to the swingarm (they're the original axle/bushings that came with the frame). I sent Dennis another email, as trident was out of stock of those axle/pivots, and again quick response. even more amazing was that he informed me that he had just received the new "keronite" axle/bushing sets and he set me up with a complete axle/bushing set for the bike at an unreal price, even though I had told him I wasn't the original owner. after inspecting it a few times now its totally fine and smooth as butter but i'd like to put Dennis and Banshee in the good people category as it was a pleasant experience that worked out well and doubt a lot of companies would be that cool. Thanks man. its been the funnest bike I've owned (in 30+ yrs of riding mtb).

so after I was confident that my rune would continue to give me smiles I took the long awaited plunge on a dropper post. my 09 rune is 30.0 so I bought a 27.2 gravity dropper turbo with a shim . I wanted 2 bolt seat attachment ,and while not infinite height adjust, the durability of mechanical was what I was after. the thing works flawlessly and 1" and 4"drop on it works good for my stump legs. I had a hamfisted mechanic moment installing it and over tightened the backing band of the lever. I didn't notice that it was plastic , thinking it was aluminium . I emailed g dropper andtold them of my ham fisted moment and would like to buy that part. they responded in ten minutes that they would pop one in the mail for free. next day he sent an email that he needed a phone number to send it. emailed my number. he emailed back an hour later that it was on its way. received the package today with the part and 2 extra spares. another impressive company. the part is cheap but that is awesome. thanks Gravity dropper
i'm going to continue to support these companies not only for their superior products but definitely for their ability to stand behind their product. I think i'm probably preaching to the choir but I appreciate companies/people like this. integrity deserves props in this day and age

/blog

Aug. 16, 2013, 10:53 p.m.

Gravity dropper CS is amazing. Their full service is the cost of mailing the post out to them, plus $18, and that's a full factory rebuild and mail back, usually in a week. They don't care if you are the original owner or not, they just love to stand behind their product (which is also super reliable).

Only CS I know of that beats it is Sun Ringle.

I was worried about a pivot on my 09 rune with the interweb chatter I had seen about a few of the older runes and spittys. one pivot axle had the anodizing worn off so I thought i'd better check before I sold it to someone (i'd like to get the new rune). I had taken them apart a few times (super easy) and for some reason I remembered it as being the main frame pivot at the lower link so banshee (Dennis)sent me a link to get that pivot. super impressed how quick they respond to customer inquiries. I received the axle/bushing and when I went to put it in I realized that one was fine and that the wear was actually the other end of that link that attachs to the swingarm (they're the original axle/bushings that came with the frame). I sent Dennis another email, as trident was out of stock of those axle/pivots, and again quick response. even more amazing was that he informed me that he had just received the new "keronite" axle/bushing sets and he set me up with a complete axle/bushing set for the bike at an unreal price, even though I had told him I wasn't the original owner. after inspecting it a few times now its totally fine and smooth as butter but i'd like to put Dennis and Banshee in the good people category as it was a pleasant experience that worked out well and doubt a lot of companies would be that cool. Thanks man. its been the funnest bike I've owned (in 30+ yrs of riding mtb).

so after I was confident that my rune would continue to give me smiles I took the long awaited plunge on a dropper post. my 09 rune is 30.0 so I bought a 27.2 gravity dropper turbo with a shim . I wanted 2 bolt seat attachment ,and while not infinite height adjust, the durability of mechanical was what I was after. the thing works flawlessly and 1" and 4"drop on it works good for my stump legs. I had a hamfisted mechanic moment installing it and over tightened the backing band of the lever. I didn't notice that it was plastic , thinking it was aluminium . I emailed g dropper andtold them of my ham fisted moment and would like to buy that part. they responded in ten minutes that they would pop one in the mail for free. next day he sent an email that he needed a phone number to send it. emailed my number. he emailed back an hour later that it was on its way. received the package today with the part and 2 extra spares. another impressive company. the part is cheap but that is awesome. thanks Gravity dropper
i'm going to continue to support these companies not only for their superior products but definitely for their ability to stand behind their product. I think i'm probably preaching to the choir but I appreciate companies/people like this. integrity deserves props in this day and age

/blog

Aug. 16, 2013, 11 p.m.

Gravity dropper CS is amazing. Their full service is the cost of mailing the post out to them, plus $18, and that's a full factory rebuild and mail back, usually in a week. They don't care if you are the original owner or not, they just love to stand behind their product (which is also super reliable).

3rd for Gravity Dropper.

Ordered to little parts. 2 hours later email stating parts picked, packed, labeled, and shipped. Confirmed by the tracking number provided.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 16, 2013, 11:31 p.m.

Only CS I know of that beats it is Sun Ringle.

that's cool . didn't know that. I guess I figured they were easy to take apart and clean or does a full service include more than just cleaning? didn't know that about sun/ringle either

Aug. 19, 2013, 9:02 a.m.

that's cool . didn't know that. I guess I figured they were easy to take apart and clean or does a full service include more than just cleaning? didn't know that about sun/ringle either

They are super easy to pull apart and service yourself. The factory rebuild they will dismantle, de-grease, then rebuild with a new set of slide bushings, new cable and housing, fresh grease, replace the seat mounting screws if needed and they replaced the boot on my post last time too. The $18 also includes the return shipping.

As for the Sun thing, the biggest thing with them, is that, like GD, they are incredibly responsive to e-mail. I have a Charger Pro wheelset, from day one, the rear driveside bearing was loose, so I used green loctite to secure it, 2 years later, I was servicing it, put in a new bearing, an overdid it with the loctite and killed the bearing. I asked them if they had any tricks to securing the bearing, and they said to return it, even though it was two years old. They looked at it, confirmed it was a manufacturing issue, and then sent me a new pair of wheels in white because they didn't have a replacement black wheel. Good guys!

Aug. 21, 2013, 9:38 p.m.

nice. did you set the charger pros tubeless? I have 135 qr rear and 20mm front now but that will change probably to 142x12 and 15mm. looks like those chargers convert.

Aug. 22, 2013, 8:58 a.m.

nice. did you set the charger pros tubeless? I have 135 qr rear and 20mm front now but that will change probably to 142x12 and 15mm. looks like those chargers convert.

Yeah, the retail set of wheels comes with everything you need, Stan's tape already installed, even bottles of Stans sealant. Super easy to get them tubeless.