Post pix of your commuter bike.

April 6, 2016, 11:23 a.m.

I've been running 25c Michelin Pro4 Endurance tires on wide rims (21 mm internal width) for 3 or 4 years now on my commute without any flats, which is pretty impressive considering I regularly bunny hop off curbs and hammer over the bump sections on the Lion's Gate bridge. I have found them to provide a good balance of weight, rolling resistance, and durability, and they seem to perform well in wet and cold conditions. A new model called Michelin Power has just come out which looks like it replaces the Pro4 line.

April 6, 2016, 11:47 a.m.

I am thinking of turning an older trek aluminum 26er hardtail I have sitting around my city/commuter bike. Currently it's single-speeded. Might put a 3x9 or 2x9 system back on, a rigid chromo fork (surly). It's already got avid bb7 brakes (which I find awesome for a mechanical disk) and some ztr flow rims/hope hubs from another previous bike. I'm trying to figure out if I should go with some 700c wheels (I think it would fit if I run skinny tires) or if I'm just better off going with a skinny 26" tire…maybe a 1.35 ish tire? Would running such a skinny tire on a flow rim (I forget the internal diameter but it's the older Flow, not Flow EX) be a bad idea? Hell maybe I could run a skinny tire tubeless with the stans goooop?

Wrong. Always.