Parcel and Package Receiving, Blaine (and Point Roberts)

Dec. 3, 2012, 12:38 p.m.

TSB is $3.50 per small packages (under 15 lb) versus $5 at Hagens. Also, border wait at Point Roberts tends to be a less than Peace Arch.

Dec. 3, 2012, 1:14 p.m.

Isn't the letter carrier literally run out of someone's house? I may be thinking of another place in Pt. Roberts.

It is a small place, 1 store in a 2 store strip mall? It is about 3 blocks south of the border crossing.

Dec. 3, 2012, 5:59 p.m.

Isn't the letter carrier literally run out of someone's house? I may be thinking of another place in Pt. Roberts.

I use Package Express in Sumas. Doing a run down there this week to pick up some stuff. Eating next door at El Nopal makes the trip even better.

I recently learned about 24/7 Parcel in Blaine (also on H street) that uses an automated locker system for small parcels (up to 25" x 25" x 19") to facilitate 24 hour pick up. Larger parcels need to be picked up during regular business hours.

24/7 looks like a good idea, always hated that package express hours are so limited. I just hate the truck crossing as I can just walk to package express in sumas if the wait is too long.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Dec. 7, 2012, 10:45 a.m.

TSB is great, been using them for years. TLC is closer to the border…that's the only thing going for it.

Last week there were cars parked on the road and a lineup around the building at TLC….I get down to TSB and I have no wait and I'm back into Canada before people even get in the doors at TLC.

Yes TSB gets busier at christmas, but never to the point of refusing packages.

Dec. 7, 2012, 11:05 a.m.

Another vote for TSB and Hagen's. Both friendly and efficient.

Pt. Robert's is much shorter border mid-day.

Truck Crossing for Hagen's is easy if you go first thing in the morning. Hagen's "digital doorman" service that emails and texts when your package arrives is great.

If the border line is really long and the package is not too big, you could walk across to either.

Dec. 7, 2012, 2:28 p.m.

I use Security Mail. 250 H Street. I ship everything from small boxes to sets of tires.

This.. $2.50 small parcel, $5.00 big, 2weeks free storage, never, ever busy. Although it's suuuuper Jesusy in there.

Dec. 7, 2012, 11:51 p.m.

www.pulsepackages.com is a new Canadian owned business that has recently opened up in Blaine. They only charge $2.50 per package, no annual fees, etc…. 30days free storage. They are located right next door to Hagen's.

I used to use Hagen's but when they kept upping their prices [HTML_REMOVED] introduced the $12 annual fee last year, that was the final straw for me.

Dec. 8, 2012, 10:06 a.m.

TSB down in Pt. Roberts was busy this morning, about 50 people in line when they opened at 8:00. Line moved quickly once they opened though.

Dress warm if you are heading down there, there is a cold breeze blowing off the ocean.

Cheap gas too, less than a buck a liter for regular at the non-branded gas stations.

Dec. 8, 2012, 9:57 p.m.

I have always used Kinek (Edge Logistics) in Blaine and they have treated me great, the owner actually met me in Bellingham once on a Sunday with something I had shipped that I needed on my way to Moab and I could not make it there on Saturday in time to pick it up.

Sept. 8, 2020, 9:44 a.m.

Thread resurrection! What service are you currently using south of the border?

I need a US address that can forward my goodies to me here in BC since the border is closed & it is too far to drive for me anyway.

Package Express seems to be the only survivor of the ones mentioned in this thread.

Suggestions?

Sept. 8, 2020, 3:32 p.m.

I used Package Express before for forwarding. See if you can request them shipping to you via USPS->CP. It’ll lower if not eliminate any fees. 

Unrelated but I’ve had a package stuck with DHL in Richmond for over a week now. Germany via Cincinnati to YVR. ¯\(ツ)

Sept. 8, 2020, 4:23 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

I used Package Express before for forwarding. See if you can request them shipping to you via USPS->CP. It’ll lower if not eliminate any fees. 

Unrelated but I’ve had a package stuck with DHL in Richmond for over a week now. Germany via Cincinnati to YVR. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I definitely plan to request USPS - > CP. I haven't been dinged in customs in dog years. A lot of my parcels have gone through customs but none got dinged, knock on wood.

I just Munsoned myself, lol!

Sept. 9, 2020, 7:10 a.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Unrelated but I’ve had a package stuck with DHL in Richmond for over a week now. Germany via Cincinnati to YVR. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I Just went through this last week with an order from Bike-Components. They held it till I paid a 17 dollar charge on line. I had to phone their 1 800 # to figure this out. Paid the loot and had the delivery next day.

Sept. 9, 2020, 9:16 a.m.

^Thats exactly what it is. $16something charge. I paid it online. But it’s still held. Called DHL guy told me it’s paid but doesn’t know why it’s not advancing. What I did find out is that it’s routed for delivery to Fort St John. 😂

Sept. 9, 2020, 5:43 p.m.

Well... If you live in Fort St John, that's good news.