pants

Feb. 12, 2019, 8:07 a.m.

I would expect that this has been gone over before but what pants do you guys use or prefer to ride in?

I'm looking for something i can pedal in is comfortable to climb in, and has ample space for leg Armour.they don't have to be too warm as I would like them for wet rides in spring and fall.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Feb. 12, 2019, 8:08 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 12, 2019, 9:49 a.m.

I have the RF pants. They are not too bad , I do find them too long in the crotch. Even with the dropper I still get caught on the saddle. More than any of the shorts I have.

I find them comfortable to pedal in with knee pads. The ankles are tight fitting this can be a down fall in the rain and wet.

Being as tight as they are , the water runs into the shoes , rather than over them. Some kind of Gaiter system  would help.

These are also more of a shell for a pant. No real lining so they are no very warm. That being said I do sweat in them on the climbs. For spring and fall , they maybe too much depending on where you live.

Feb. 12, 2019, 10:17 a.m.

I don’t live far from you Mike, we ride the same spots.

I’ve checked out the RF pants, not sure I want to spend 200 bucks though.

Didn’t mention this earlier, not that these do too much, but I don’t really want anything that look like DH  pyjamas .

Feb. 12, 2019, 10:48 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Didn’t mention this earlier, not that these do too much, but I don’t really want anything that look like DH  pyjamas .

What size waist are you ?? If you want , mine are a Large . You are more than welcome to try them . I bought them when they 1st came out and did not pay $200 for them. I guess they were on a introductory sale price.

Feb. 12, 2019, 10:52 a.m.

The new Leatt DBX 4.0 pants are awesome!!   I've been using them all winter in the interior.. great pedalability, articulated knees... semi-waterproof as well.. I have the RF Agent pants as well and prefer the Leatts... both are good however.

Feb. 12, 2019, 11:04 a.m.

Posted by: GladePlayboy

The new Leatt DBX 4.0 pants are awesome!!   I've been using them all winter in the interior.. great pedalability, articulated knees... semi-waterproof as well.. I have the RF Agent pants as well and prefer the Leatts... both are good however.

I looked into ordering their 5.0 long sleeve jersey. Waited close to 6mths and kept getting told they had no idea when it will be in. They have really nice products , be nice if the local Dist company was more stocked.

Feb. 12, 2019, 11:35 a.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

Didn’t mention this earlier, not that these do too much, but I don’t really want anything that look like DH pyjamas .

What size waist are you ?? If you want , mine are a Large . You are more than welcome to try them . I bought them when they 1st came out and did not pay $200 for them. I guess they were on a introductory sale price.

I am a 36 to 38 depending on where they’re made.

Would be interested in giving them a shot, not often you get to test a garment before a purchase.

P.S. found that trail you were talking about the last time we were in the same circle. You were right, there is some huge shit there for sure.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Feb. 12, 2019, 11:48 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 12, 2019, 1:15 p.m.

For $70 these might be worth a shot. I have an older set of the Goretex stuff they used to make and they're pretty decent. Another option is to wear your fav shorts and just have some merino leg warmers underneath - they're just $30.

https://www.taigaworks.ca/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1211

https://www.taigaworks.ca/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1212

Feb. 12, 2019, 2:15 p.m.

Those aren’t bad options . Can’t find what the material is.

Feb. 12, 2019, 7:18 p.m.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/57iaye/rain_gear_taigas_dryshell_pro/

Feb. 12, 2019, 7:27 p.m.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/57iaye/rain_gear_taigas_dryshell_pro/

Well that's a bit disturbing. I can only go by the Goretex pants that I got from them and say they've served me well and came in a good price. YMMV.

Feb. 19, 2019, 11:10 a.m.

Didn’t mention this earlier, not that these do too much, but I don’t really want anything that look like DH pyjamas .

I am a 36 to 38 depending on where they’re made.

Would be interested in giving them a shot, not often you get to test a garment before a purchase.

P.S. found that trail you were talking about the last time we were in the same circle. You were right, there is some huge shit there for sure.

Dropped them off with B.R. while I was out that way today. Give them a try.

Feb. 19, 2019, 11:48 a.m.

Thanks Mike, I think I’ll be seeing him tomorrow.