painting stanchions

July 9, 2003, 10:44 a.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
I've got a cool idea, why not leave them stock (black) and save yourself a ton of problems? They aren't going to work any better if they are red or yellow or whatever color you had in mind.

ahhhh, the voice of reason :)

i agree, leave your stanchions alone. if you ever broke one after painting, and sent it in for warrenty….i doubt any company would replace your fork….

if you want black stanchions, wait to see what comes out in 04…

tho if i had one of those hideous stink deeeeluxes..you know, the bastardized xmas colored ones? id look into making a slider's body yellow, the left stanchion red, and the right green :lo:

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

July 9, 2003, 11:35 a.m.

I think all stantions should be covered so the seals won't leak and you wouldnt scratch em when you crash,but this is WAY too reasonable and looks ugly to most people

I had this spanish dirtbike(they are famous for everything leaking and/or not starting) with ceriani forks,the seals leaked like a tap till I retro-fitted some rubber boots off of an old 650 bsa.Voila they stopped leaking period,I didnt even have to replace them just stop bombarding them with dirt and water

I'm not even gona comment on painting stantions…at least he asked

July 9, 2003, 11:58 a.m.

Originally posted by seand@nsmb
tho if i had one of those hideous stink deeeeluxes..you know, the bastardized xmas colored ones? id look into making a slider's body yellow, the left stanchion red, and the right green :lo:

You mean the Rasta Stinky?

If I had that, I'd go top crown Green, lower crown gold, lowers would be red, match the Rasta King perfectly :thepimp:

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 9, 2003, 12:31 p.m.

lol painting your stanchions, typical of you:rolleyes: what does dugan say about painting parts :lol:

Orange stanchions would be incredibly :thepimp: lol ask marzocchi to custom make one with orange stanchions.

Bikes with two wheels for life.

July 9, 2003, 1:08 p.m.

Originally posted by bill-do
I am planning on buying a triple 8 some time soon, and i was thinking it would be very kewl to have painted stanchions,either powder coat or something else, but i was wondering if i could do that and how i would go about doing that without making the stanchions to thick or compromising the streangth?

hahah
and i thought you where serious….

superheros
I like bikes