painting stanchions

July 9, 2003, 1:46 a.m.

oh man, that blue rebound knob just makes us soo much cooler then the rest of the group!:D a straight black slider definatly would be HIP :D

IM BACK!!!!!
Letoy3, Sherman Sliders, CK Steelset headset, profile cranks, protaper bars, blackspire chaindevice, mag30's….etc, etc.

July 9, 2003, 1:51 a.m.

Of course, we gotta keep the blue knob. People gotta know that we know what's up. All the hard core riders need to upgrade to the blue knob ;)

Now if there was a pink rebound knob and blue compression it would be super sweet. Remind me of STi every time I look at the fork :) WRC blue compression and STi rebound.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 9, 2003, 1:56 a.m.

HAHAHA. man i dunno if i would be allowed in that coolness factor!! i would have to live up to it every second of the day.

IM BACK!!!!!
Letoy3, Sherman Sliders, CK Steelset headset, profile cranks, protaper bars, blackspire chaindevice, mag30's….etc, etc.

July 9, 2003, 2 a.m.

Hell, I have yet to push that fork to the full 6" travel (unless you count the log-ride to blind 1' drop to log that I slipped on and the fork saved my nuts from a meeting with the stem….)

I was riding urban, dropping 6 and 7 stairs and not compressing the fork more than an inch and dropping 3 and 4 feet to flat without getting more than 2 or 3 inches out of it. I guess I need to go bigger :)

Team Blue Manitou! that should be the cool Blue knob team, lol.
wow, it's 5am…

July 9, 2003, 3:30 a.m.

nar i rekon those silver nitride or whatever they were boxxers would look good on a sherman

adds to the cheapness as the silver effect looks cheap as imo…

July 9, 2003, 3:55 a.m.

Originally posted by ::RideSiK::
**nar i rekon those silver nitride or whatever they were boxxers would look good on a sherman

adds to the cheapness as the silver effect looks cheap as imo… **

:eek: are you saying sherman sliders are cheap!!?? :P

IM BACK!!!!!

July 9, 2003, 4:24 a.m.

Originally posted by BAC5.2
I was riding urban, dropping 6 and 7 stairs and not compressing the fork more than an inch and dropping 3 and 4 feet to flat without getting more than 2 or 3 inches out of it. I guess I need to go bigger :)

There's an employee at my LBS that has a Sherman on his bike. He's got the heaviest springs in it, and whatever else possible to stiffen it up. I'm pretty heavy, and I can bounce on a Monster T and almost get full travel. On this guy's Sherman, I can get 2" if I'm lucky. I've never felt anything so stiff.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 9, 2003, 4:35 a.m.

I've got medium springs and I can get near full travel bouncing on it, but never on the trail/street. Probally because I am so raked out on the stumpy.

July 9, 2003, 4:38 a.m.

i use a decent amount of travel on mine. it isnt that raked out tho even tho its on my HT

IM BACK!!!!!

Originally posted by BAC5.2
I've got medium springs and I can get near full travel bouncing on it, but never on the trail/street. Probally because I am so raked out on the stumpy.

I believe there's heavy, and extra heavy springs. You should try the extra heavy. I thought the Marzocchi extra heavy springs really stiffened up a fork, but there's no comparison to the Sherman extra heavy springs.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

well, remember mine is on a Specialized Stumpjumper :)

July 9, 2003, 8:39 a.m.

Originally posted by switch
Is it OK if some spray gets on the dust seals too? :D

of course it will mak ethe whole effect look better

July 9, 2003, 9:06 a.m.

dude ur just going wreck a fork

ht pride

July 9, 2003, 9:20 a.m.

Originally posted by switch
There's an employee at my LBS that has a Sherman on his bike. He's got the heaviest springs in it, and whatever else possible to stiffen it up. I'm pretty heavy, and I can bounce on a Monster T and almost get full travel. On this guy's Sherman, I can get 2" if I'm lucky. I've never felt anything so stiff.

two days ago i went in to my lbs and they were setting up a dj three for a 300 pound guy(thank god he was only riding xc, SNAP) and they had extera heavy springs and an ultra high pressure in there (should of seen them try and pump it up with those dinky little pumps:lol: ) and that thing was so hard to compress even I weighing in at 195 couldnt even get half an inch with all my weight on the fork bounceing with my feet off the ground:eek:

July 9, 2003, 9:24 a.m.

I've got a cool idea, why not leave them stock (black) and save yourself a ton of problems? They aren't going to work any better if they are red or yellow or whatever color you had in mind.