Packing for packless riding

June 12, 2015, 1:04 p.m.

sounds like there's a market for some type of pack that attached to your frame. Would need to be executed properly tho. Tough to do with all the different frame layouts.

June 12, 2015, 1:06 p.m.

I use a super ghey fanny pack and its awesome for rides under 2 hours. I take:

- multitool w. mini shockpump
- tube (yes even with tubeless)
- pump
- safety meeting essentials
- keys/phone/billfold
- 500ml-ish bottle + cage on the bike

http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN[HTML_REMOVED]model=Maka-1

Thats a 1 liter and I like it enough that I bought a 2 liter version as well that seems relatively cavernous for summer riding. Now, the 15L backpack only comes along when I'm out for several hours and need more water, a full lunch, and maybe a jacket.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 12, 2015, 1:07 p.m.

sounds like there's a market for some type of pack that attached to your frame. Would need to be executed properly tho. Tough to do with all the different frame layouts.

as of late i have noticed there are packs out there , seen a few versions at the Red race a month back and have seen some of the mudd bunnies have some frame packs on their bikes Crystal had one that i was calling her bike purse .

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 12, 2015, 2:23 p.m.

Never go full enduro!

:fruit:

I really don't see the point of hip bagging a bunch of water bottles up a mountain. Once you're at the top you have to fiddle fuck around getting the bottles out.

Seems like the anti dropper post… I'd rather get a better hydration pack like an Acre or that enduro one LowCard has or a new camelbak

FYI my Surface has two bottle mounts

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 12, 2015, 3:29 p.m.

Never go full enduro!

Me gots rootdown.

Wrong. Always.

June 12, 2015, 4:03 p.m.

Never go full enduro!

:fruit:

I really don't see the point of hip bagging a bunch of water bottles up a mountain. Once you're at the top you have to fiddle fuck around getting the bottles out.

Seems like the anti dropper post… I'd rather get a better hydration pack like an Acre or that enduro one LowCard has or a new camelbak

full enduro is open face with goggles

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 12, 2015, 5:12 p.m.

Ductape it is.
:idea:

Wrong. Always.

June 12, 2015, 6:58 p.m.

unzip, drink, and return bottle with one hand while still riding.

June 14, 2015, 1:13 p.m.

My buddy's set up is: Water Bottle on frame. Always ride ahead of guy with pack.

Always ride in front of the packless guy.
- Guy with the pack

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 14, 2015, 2:31 p.m.

I used one of these for years. Need to get a replacement.

http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FSNP

June 14, 2015, 3:53 p.m.

I get the whole packless idea too, as I hate wearing stuff on my back. But if you have to, these packs are the way to go:

http://www.uswe-sports.com/dept/BIKE_11237/ENG/USD

I have the F3 Pro 2L. Can't say enough good about it. It fits snug and doesn't bounce at all. That strap system is amazing. I can fit a tube, a tool, levers, and I can also jam a small pump in with the bladder.

FYI, I'm not getting deals from them, I just really like those packs! lol…

here's a decent shot of the straps, along with me nearly passing out because I'm sofa king tired (the end of the Penticton Endurbro race).

June 14, 2015, 4:15 p.m.

I can't say I have ever had a problem riding with a pack. I guess growing up riding in Australian summers with a hydration pack on all the time just got me used to it.

My standard riding carry round is 2L of water, tube, pump, levers, bike tool and bear spray. Depending on what we are riding I will then have some bars/gel blocks stashed in as well. I'm certainly not doing 40km epics or anything like that though, still working up to that level of distance riding around here.

June 14, 2015, 4:29 p.m.

I get the whole packless idea too, as I hate wearing stuff on my back. But if you have to, these packs are the way to go:

I have the F3 Pro 2L. Can't say enough good about it. It fits snug and doesn't bounce at all. That strap system is amazing. I can fit a tube, a tool, levers, and I can also jam a small pump in with the bladder.

That's a nice looking pack. Thanks for posting it up, I've never heard or seen of that brand before

June 14, 2015, 5:01 p.m.

Shimano's have bunch of packs with a similar strap system. Looks smart. I used my pack today because I was going long. It's a Acre Hauser. Wide and flat instead of a skinny sausage casing style. It is very stable because of its shape. Water proof so it does need a rain cover. Carrying bottles in an ass pack defeats the purpose of no pack riding. A little ass pack with lightweight necessaries is all I want. Keeps the phone and other stuff dry too. In my jersey or swat bib pockets I sweat all over what's in them.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 14, 2015, 5:27 p.m.

FYI, I'm not getting deals from them, I just really like those packs! lol…

here's a decent shot of the straps, along with me nearly passing out because I'm sofa king tired (the end of the Penticton Endurbro race).

Even Cedric Gracia uses that pack.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/crankbrothers-just-the-tip-video-2015.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/