Pacestar compound on shore; yay or nay

May 11, 2018, 5:43 p.m.

I recently got an evil insurgent spec'd with Hans demph tires in pacestar compound. Wondering if anyone has ridden this compound on the shore? Is it me or is this compound for a very different location? Find them slippery.

May 11, 2018, 7:01 p.m.

I think pacestar rubber is the same as hockey pucks. Avoid. Pacestar is for xc racers and people that think tires should last the life of the bike. I justify soft grippy tires that wear fast this way. Shitty tires make me crash. Crashing causes injuries. Injuries mean physio. Physio costs more than good tires. Get good max grip or similar good grippy rubber.

May 11, 2018, 8:07 p.m.

I'm glad you said that, my wife kept telling me it was rider error. I was going down forever after and rode over a rock on one of the descents and had the front end wash out (like a hockey puck). Sprained my wrist and bruised ribs in the process. These are going up for sale.

New post title will be "Hans Damph Tires For Sale"

May 12, 2018, 8:42 a.m.

After getting a new bike with them, I run them in the back until they disintegrate (and they will start to loose knobs)...then vertstar thereafter.

May 13, 2018, 9:16 p.m.

Do they even make those anymore I thought it all Addix compounds now.

I just took the Trailstar MM off the back and put a Pacestar NN on. Like having one extra lower gear. Pacestars ok on back for summer, unless you only riding rock faces than yeah sketch.

Think an e thirteen TSRr be better summer tyre on front than MM Addix orange?

May 15, 2018, 1:34 p.m.

Pacestar front tire on an Evil? WTF that is a weird spec for a PNW brand who's marketing is all about rowdy riding. I'm with Andy, MaxxGrip/VertStar/Addix soft up front all year. I like MaxxTera rear, guess that is equivalent to Trailstar or medium Addix. Predictable enough for rocks/slabs but not super slow pedaling.

May 21, 2018, 9:17 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Think an e thirteen TSRr be better summer tyre on front than..........?

I like it!