Own a Road Bike?

Jan. 13, 2019, 5:53 a.m.

Posted by: craw

I just look on Google Maps, find some spot I've never been to and find a circuitous route to and from and see something new.

if you haven't yet, try out komoot. crowd sourced POI, amazing route finding depending on the parameters you put in (road, gravel, mtb, hiking etc). my go to routing software for the bike, found so much amazing roads/trails around berlin i would have never found on my own.

Jan. 13, 2019, 5:55 a.m.

Posted by: heathen

Why own a road bike when you can own the magic do all that is a Cyclocross bike.

why own a cyclocross bike if you can have all the comfort a road plus/gravel bike with large volume 27,5" tires can give you ;)

Jan. 13, 2019, 9:46 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

I just look on Google Maps, find some spot I've never been to and find a circuitous route to and from and see something new.

if you haven't yet, try out komoot. crowd sourced POI, amazing route finding depending on the parameters you put in (road, gravel, mtb, hiking etc). my go to routing software for the bike, found so much amazing roads/trails around berlin i would have never found on my own.

A buddy of mine has komoot...that is one killer app. The only thing that is bugging him is that it uses up a lot of power.

Jan. 14, 2019, 2:55 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Posted by: Sethimus

A buddy of mine has komoot...that is one killer app. The only thing that is bugging him is that it uses up a lot of power.

i dont use it to navigate, that's what the wahoo is for, komoot only for the planing before. tbh most apps are battery drainers, especially if you are out in the woods where signals are weak, which describes everything around berlin if you're on O2 oO