Osprey Raptor Hydration Pack

May 27, 2014, 2:09 p.m.

For anyone interested in a new hydration pack, I just received a new Osprey Raptor 6 (smallest size they make) This pack is awesome. 3 liter capacity, plenty of room for a few tools a light jacket and some food.After filling up the pack i barely notice that i'm wearing it. Was skeptical on ordering online without trying the pack on. Purchased from Wiggle and received in 4 days. Very high quality pack with exceptional reviews. Lifetime warranty!

May 27, 2014, 2:25 p.m.

Yes. I have the 10L. I've recommended it a bunch of times. I've now beat it to shit for over 3 years. Still going strong, and completely intact (ok, I ripped off the top carrying/hanging loop when we ran it over with a car).

May 27, 2014, 7:26 p.m.

Funny you should post this, I've been looking into replacing my pack (camelbak mule, circa ~2004) as I'm finding it pushes into my lower back as soon as I stuff anything in the large pouch. I'm pretty sure the Osprey Manta would suit my needs, but I'm still looking around.

May 27, 2014, 7:33 p.m.

just did a test tonight with a full bladder , which i doubt i will ever use…may 2 liters at most. With a full bladder is does start getting tight for anything extra that you may want to carry. still fits my pump, multitool, cliff bars, cell phone, and light shell jacket.. If i went to the next size up i would just end up taking more crap on my rides

May 28, 2014, 8:41 a.m.

I just bought a Raptor 14. I really like it so far. It's similar in size to the old Dakine it replaced but it's half the weight and full of clever features.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

May 28, 2014, 3:06 p.m.

hey Craw. is it any more comfortable than other packs you've had? is the backpanel any more 'airy'? i've been kinda jonesing for a R14 for a while, but overshooting the gear budget on other stuff…

May 28, 2014, 3:24 p.m.

hey Craw. is it any more comfortable than other packs you've had? is the backpanel any more 'airy'? i've been kinda jonesing for a R14 for a while, but overshooting the gear budget on other stuff…

I've only used it twice so far. It's a bit longer than the Dakine it replaced, which is good for me. I expect it will be better ventilated due to the construction of the back piece and straps. A few more warm weather rides will tell.

Mostly I like the semi-rigid bladder which doesn't turn into a sausage when it's full. The pocket partitioning is good (the Dakine had basically none). There is a roll-out tool thing on the exterior of the pack that I might start using but in truth I can't recall the last time I had a mechanical that necessitated rolling out all my tools.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.