Oops..

Dec. 17, 2019, 7 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0TaIhUNnpY&t=194s

Reminds me of the time..............oh never mind.

So, if you were gonna' buy a bike mostly for park/shuttle that was still kinda' pedally, would you buy the alloy version of above or a Ripmo AF or Reign SX or Hightower Al?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Last edited by: tungsten on Dec. 17, 2019, 11:51 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 17, 2019, 8:03 p.m.

oh snap!

looking at the break in the video (2:09) the chainstay failed at the horst point, and the material there seems a bit on the thin/light side compared to the rest of the rear end. it will be interesting to see what Rocky has to say about the failure.

Dec. 17, 2019, 8:11 p.m.

How big of factor is cost?

Dec. 17, 2019, 8:22 p.m.

Pinkbike out here breaking bikes all over the damn place.

Dec. 17, 2019, 8:37 p.m.

How big of factor is cost?

Not at all. All models within spitting distance of the one Reign offering in al so we can use that as our benchmark.

Last edited by: tungsten on Dec. 18, 2019, 12:34 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 19, 2019, 1:34 p.m.

Reign has my vote. I was very impressed by the Giant Trance that I took to all the bike parks around Salt Lake City (it was the worst rental Go Ride had available and the only bike they were okay with me taking to the bike parks). AJ seemed to quite like the new Trance too. If I was intending to mostly bike park, but still wanted to pedal a bike, I'd buy a Reign. More travel. Great suspension platform.

Last edited by: Cheez1ts on Dec. 19, 2019, 1:39 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 19, 2019, 4:49 p.m.

Man, I'd bet you'd know within a minute which is the one for you if you could throw a leg over them all.

I've been riding a Reign for years, like Matt Henn I'll probably happily run it till it's in the ground.

Dec. 20, 2019, 5:11 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

oh snap!

looking at the break in the video (2:09) the chainstay failed at the horst point, and the material there seems a bit on the thin/light side compared to the rest of the rear end. it will be interesting to see what Rocky has to say about the failure.

I don't think the double bearing set-up helped either. And I think Rocky has released a statement with the regard, We have no issues to be concerned with. This is a isolated incident. When they broke the Pole on the paper thin gusset. That was a whole shit show.

Dec. 20, 2019, 12:34 p.m.

I'd bet that while PB say the axle was in tight and correct it wasn't.

Dec. 20, 2019, 1:29 p.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

oh snap!

I don't think the double bearing set-up helped either. And I think Rocky has released a statement with the regard, We have no issues to be concerned with. This is a isolated incident. When they broke the Pole on the paper thin gusset. That was a whole shit show.

Pole's reaction to that Incident didn't win them any fans.

Dec. 20, 2019, 2:32 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

I'd bet that while PB say the axle was in tight and correct it wasn't.

And who's to say it was never over tightened previous to the test either.

Dec. 20, 2019, 7:46 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: DemonMike

oh snap!

Pole's reaction to that Incident didn't win them any fans.

He,s famous for making friends LOL.

Regardless , they admitted the design was under built. And showed the corrections in the design.

I believe it was very low batch bike as well. Not a mass produced product flooding the market.

Dec. 22, 2019, 5:54 a.m.

No doubt. 

I’m on the hunt for a new bike in 2020 and just before that mess I had the Evolink on my shortlist. After seeing their reaction, and lots of people coming out of the woodwork about their own Pole issues, it was removed.

Dec. 22, 2019, 1:42 p.m.

Posted by: Poz

No doubt.

I’m on the hunt for a new bike in 2020 and just before that mess I had the Evolink on my shortlist. After seeing their reaction, and lots of people coming out of the woodwork about their own Pole issues, it was removed.

if you have the money, I can highly recommend a Nicolai frame.

Re: RMB Slayer....I was playing with the idea of saving a lot of money and getting me the new Slayer as a kind of Superenduro for Park and the Alps and everything else.

Last edited by: Mic on Dec. 22, 2019, 1:45 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 22, 2019, 6:54 p.m.

Posted by: Poz

No doubt. 

The geo of the pole might be super cool ATM but I have heard less then stellar reviews about the suspension from people that have demoed them.