One up Dropper

July 9, 2018, 2:02 p.m.

I've had one for a couple months. Has worked perfectly since day one and the lever was a big step up from the older Reverb that I had. Moving from 125 to 170 was really noticeable on the steep stuff. Highly recommend it. Friend has had the experience.

July 9, 2018, 2:34 p.m.

Yes, lot of wet riding the past few weeks here

July 10, 2018, 6:10 a.m.

I've had one for about a month now (170mm and the one up remote).

Bang for the buck it is amazing. Have had no issues with it and the fact that it has such a low stack height is great (I have a short inseam but am on an xl frame so maximizing dropper travel really helps me)

Only downsides:

The lever is just ok, and it's not cheap. I would skip the lever and buy a wolftooth.

The action itself is just ok. Like the lever it's fine and it works, but its not as smooth as a transfer and does not make the nice "whack" a transfer makes when it tops out or bottoms out, which is nice feedback.

For what it's worth I have a fox transfer with wolftooth on my other bike, and I tried swapping the remotes just to compare them separately.

If fox made a 170 and I didn't need low stack height, I would stick with the transfer as I prefer the action, but if you need 170mm, or low stack height, or lower price, the one up is tough to beat! The action difference is more of a nitpick.

Last edited by: Kenny on July 10, 2018, 6:11 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 11, 2018, 7:32 a.m.

Posted by: Kenny

Only downsides:

The lever is just ok, and it's not cheap. I would skip the lever and buy a wolftooth.

The action itself is just ok. Like the lever it's fine and it works, but its not as smooth as a transfer and does not make the nice "whack" a transfer makes when it tops out or bottoms out, which is nice feedback.

I disagree with you about the lever. The OneUp lever is great! I love that it sits further back and that it's concave. Their claim that it requires a lot less thumb movement is totally true. A buddy has a WolfTooth lever on his Specialized dropper and I can't imagine using that lever after experiencing the OneUp lever. The lever is a major plus of the OneUp dropper. 

I haven't experimented with this yet, as it's a giant PITA to take the seat off, but you can adjust the pressure of the OneUp dropper to increase or decrease the rebound speed. Perhaps increasing the pressure will make a nice whack at the end of the stroke. Why can't other dropper makers copy 9.8 and decouple the saddle angle adjustment from the saddle mounting?

July 11, 2018, 9:36 a.m.

I have used a Thomson dropper for a bunch of years and loved it...but for the new build I bought the OneUp 170. Really looking forward to trying it out soon!