Offset shock bushings?

June 2, 2014, 11:02 a.m.

I'm looking to run a .25" longer stroke shock and need the offset bushings in 1 or possibly both ends of the shock to prevent frame/brace contact at full bottom out. Anybody know if there is a local source or even within the continent who can supply or make these? Or is ordering online from Europe the only way to go? There's also a supplier from Poland as well that sells them on Ebay for $20+shipping per bushings

Like these:

June 2, 2014, 11:37 a.m.

I've only had experience dealing with Burgtec.

http://www.burgtec.co.uk/products/offset-shock-hardware/burgtec-titanium-offset-shock-hardware/

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 2, 2014, 1:25 p.m.

i think i ordered from the pole. whatever you get, make sure its ti or steel, no aluminum. it sounds like youll need 2x3mm offset hardware if you dont want to change geometry. 3pc [HTML_REMOVED] 2pc

and remember that youll still have that frame contact if you bottom the shock

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 2, 2014, 7:27 p.m.

I got a set from Poland (via ebay) as well. Good price, quick turnaround. I did the very same thing as you - did a long(er) travel mod to my spitfire. works great.

June 2, 2014, 7:33 p.m.

i may do that on my Entourage so i can raise the BB height a bit

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 2, 2014, 11:26 p.m.

The i2i on the shock is the same as oem, just .25" longer stroke. I've got 8mm bolts so I can only use these bushings to gain 2mm i2i at each end. So ill likely have to run both ends to get the clearance. I'm running a 25mm longer fork so net geometry change should be minimal except for a slight be height increase which would be welcomed

June 2, 2014, 11:33 p.m.

We are currently setting up to make these, let us know the dimensions you need and we can have them ready for you in a couple of days. Alternatively, we can look at shortening the stroke of the shock if you prefer.

VorsprungSuspension.com
facebook.com/VorsprungSuspension
TLA Compression System - Fox 34 CTD Upgrade Kits

June 3, 2014, 1:02 p.m.

It would be great if Vorsprung could provide these locally.

I've used the brass rod one's from Offsetbushings with good luck and they didn't develop play or rotate over time. http://www.offsetbushings.com/

Very noticeable improvement on angles and ride quality and a lower BB for my older Banshee Scythe.

June 3, 2014, 3:37 p.m.

Thanks Vorsprung. You have a PM from me

June 4, 2014, 7:27 a.m.

I've got the burgtec ti offset bushings. Very high quality..
but buy local if you can:)

June 4, 2014, 8:50 a.m.

Also, to anyone who hesitates at the cost of these, I made my own, and it was a total pain in the arse to do so! If I needed another pair, I would buy before making them again.

June 4, 2014, 6:07 p.m.

Rodie - I should mention that I just noticed you're looking to extend your i2i rather than shorten it? This is not a good idea - the forces acting on your shock bolts are trying to compress the shock virtually all the time (the only time the opposite happens is when your suspension tops out as your wheel leaves the ground), and are likely to rotate the reducers within your eyelets, such that you actually end up shortening the eye to eye below stock. If you have frame interference issues, this will make it worse rather than better.

VorsprungSuspension.com
facebook.com/VorsprungSuspension
TLA Compression System - Fox 34 CTD Upgrade Kits

June 4, 2014, 7:09 p.m.

Totally appreciate the heads up. It should be OK based on others who have done the same mod on the same frame. I'm fully aware of the risks though :)

June 4, 2014, 9:15 p.m.

Also, to anyone who hesitates at the cost of these, I made my own, and it was a total pain in the arse to do so! If I needed another pair, I would buy before making them again.

i guess that depends on ones skills as a machinist and equipment at hand

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 4, 2014, 9:30 p.m.

i guess that depends on ones skills as a machinist and equipment at hand

Full machine shop and hardened steel. The hard part is keeping the drill tracking true through the pin. Since the wall thickness at the thinnest point is [HTML_REMOVED]1mm, the smallest drift can ruin the piece.