NSR owners

Feb. 6, 2021, 11:11 p.m.

I toss a ski strap on through the tines of the fork crown holder for long highway drives or especially rough roads. Seems to keep the bikes a little more stable. 

Also wash the rack if its muddy. The rub seems to be a lot less when clean.

Feb. 10, 2021, 12:04 p.m.

Here is my recommendation as an NSR2 and NSR4 owner.  Wrap the lower lower section of the rack where the tire contacts the rack in HOCKEY TAPE.  It prevents scratches and wears really well.  I wrap mine once a year to keep it looking fresh.

Feb. 10, 2021, 8:49 p.m.

In a sort of related, but not totally related topic.

My buddy has one of these wotj his NSR

The one thing about the NSR is that they always seem to be in the way a bit. He says this thing works incredibly. I'm going to get one for my jeep, whcih is great because it is a pain getting the tailgate around the rack.

On a more hijacked note, my wife just gave me permission to get one of these for my jeep - gobi rack. Can't wait.

Feb. 12, 2021, 1:41 p.m.

As long as you give the crown / headtube area a good wipe down after a dusty / muddy ride, you shouldn't have any real trouble with wear. This might not be the case if you drive or shuttle on bumpy, dusty roads. If in doubt, just get some 3M frame saver on the contact points.

Feb. 15, 2021, 9:32 p.m.

Nsr

A photo of my rack showing the protective tape and a bottle opener attached to the tie rope for  apre ride beers.