NSMB Buy and Sell <<< OLD OR NEW <<< POLL >>>

Aug. 11, 2006, 2:04 p.m.

agree. Me = old.

Me = new. If you're not selling, it's because your price is too high. The new page is definately buyer friendly, it seems to me (along with it being the slow time of the year).

But I agree with a few people that it might be nice to have both formats available: the new format for the main page, and a forum for the BB that followed the old style.

Aug. 11, 2006, 2:17 p.m.

Guest posting will encourage comments such as posting on PB.

I like both but prefer the old style.

I agree as well. Having both would be nice.

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

Aug. 11, 2006, 2:39 p.m.

The new format will promote more sales with a funtional forum to communicate said sales. A forum post should link to one's ad as before and should only be accessible by registered members. My buck twentyfiver.

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Aug. 11, 2006, 2:51 p.m.

I Like the new style. The old one was messy to look at. The new one just seems to be and amalgamation of the old B[HTML_REMOVED]S and the B[HTML_REMOVED]S forum.

I think all the same functions are present but aren't being used. If you like to talk about the items being sold start using the reply option within the adds.

:canada: :swiss:

Aug. 11, 2006, 3:46 p.m.

Me = new. If you're not selling, it's because your price is too high. The new page is definately buyer friendly, it seems to me (along with it being the slow time of the year).

But I agree with a few people that it might be nice to have both formats available: the new format for the main page, and a forum for the BB that followed the old style.

i've sold a bunch of stuff through both the new and the old. i just prefer the visual of the old style.
Guest posting? If they want to sell their stuff here ^^, either sign up with a valid email address - and be part of the community, or go away.

Aug. 11, 2006, 4:11 p.m.

i've sold a bunch of stuff through both the new and the old. i just prefer the visual of the old style.
Guest posting? If they want to sell their stuff here ^^, either sign up with a valid email address - and be part of the community, or go away.

I agree, I dont like dealing with kids from Ontario that want to trade me an ipod for my brakes. Id rather deal with someone from B.C. that knows there shit and is serious about buying something. If I wanted to trade I would put it in the trades section, If I wanted to take offers I would put OBO. I liked the old style way more, I miss it.

Aug. 11, 2006, 5:03 p.m.

^ Yup. With a user name, comes the 'find all posts by" button, and you can instantly see if the fork they are selling is made of cheese and been back to marzo 4 times this year. Or alternatively see if they are constantly asking how to fix broken ……. Either of which scenarios would give a potential buyer the chance to skip this 'deal".

Aug. 11, 2006, 5:05 p.m.

Ive got an idea. First to 50. If old gets 50 votes before new, than it changes. If new gets 50 before old, it stays. I know it wouldnt happen, but it would be nice because it goes to show the true NSMB members prefer the old style.

Aug. 11, 2006, 5:07 p.m.

i dont think this is true.

as jake said.
450 for a 2005 world cup is a great price.
theres other excellent deals, the new buy and sell just isnt as efficent as the old one…

i think the old one, with a titles only option that included the price in a column next to it, would be a great improvement.
that way you can find something that interests you, in your price range.

Ive got an idea. First to 50. If old gets 50 votes before new, than it changes. If new gets 50 before old, it stays. I know it wouldnt happen, but it would be nice because it goes to show the true NSMB members prefer the old style.

when you change your name to cam, this'll happen.
and theres 1000's of nsmb users…100 doesnt cut it

Cove Peeler For Sale, cheap.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2717&amp;cat=13

Aug. 11, 2006, 5:08 p.m.

when you change your name to cam, this'll happen.
and theres 1000's of nsmb users…100 doesnt cut it

Yah i know, thats why I said it wouldnt happen.

Aug. 11, 2006, 5:14 p.m.

Ive got an idea. First to 50. If old gets 50 votes before new, than it changes. If new gets 50 before old, it stays.

Na ga happen.

I liked the separate non-BBS buy/sell layout. It seemed easier to browse. However, the ability to add more detail on the new layout is a definite plus, and I hope people will use it.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 11, 2006, 5:18 p.m.

Na ga happen.

I liked the separate non-BBS buy/sell layout. It seemed easier to browse. However, the ability to add more detail on the new layout is a definite plus, and I hope people will use it.

I really loved the old forum style. Why cant we bring back the forum style too , you know have both ?

Aug. 16, 2006, 7 p.m.

Bumpers.

NSMB … how about both ?

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

Aug. 16, 2006, 7:13 p.m.

one or the other.

I liked the old style, but the new is cool because there are pictures beside the thread title.

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

Aug. 16, 2006, 7:14 p.m.

also, why have both?

thats stupid.

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!