NSMB - 2022 - Hardtail Thread...

April 11, 2022, 8:04 a.m.

Posted by: Vikb

Dadbod is never in style. The Camelbak Cumberbund keeps your gear down low in front of you [imagine a low slung front fanny pack] where it won't affect your CG and the generous 5" wide waist belt provides stability as tames the tummy so you can enjoy your post-ride brews without worry.

I don’t know Vik, sounds a little ‘band geek’ for Camelbak. I could see something more direct like the GutCheck (TM) - it keeps EVERYTHING in place while you’re dropping in.

———

Also, aren’t you the forum police?! I’m pretty sure it’s entrapment if you lead me off topic and then try to fine me a bunch of hardtail photos.

April 11, 2022, 8:14 a.m.

Posted by: AndrewMajor

Also, aren’t you the forum police?! I’m pretty sure it’s entrapment if you lead me off topic and then try to fine me a bunch of hardtail photos.

Please post a photo of your sweet purple Chromag Proto-Docta on that bike trainer so we can all enjoy it.

April 11, 2022, 9:39 a.m.

Please post a photo of your sweet purple Chromag Proto-Docta on that bike trainer so we can all enjoy it.

My poor bike. It’s a bit like posting photos of a dog wearing a cone of shame isn’t it? I did post one and then felt sort of rotten about it. I mean, it’s been months since someone yelled “NICE CHROMAG!” or looked right at the Waltworks decal and asked “what model of Chromag is this?!” or said “I didn’t know Chromag made rigid bikes!!?!”

I will post a photo of my V1 ATB conversion when it’s back from WZRD.

Here is V1 as an MTB as a pre-comparison.

Last edited by: AndrewMajor on April 11, 2022, 9:47 a.m., edited 4 times in total.
April 11, 2022, 10:13 a.m.

You just wait until the folks at Mud Hugger take my advice and start marketing those things as passive anti-theft devices (& fenders).

Out here they will simply steal the fenders.

April 12, 2022, 7:20 a.m.

My poor bike. It’s a bit like posting photos of a dog wearing a cone of shame isn’t it? I did post one and then felt sort of rotten about it. I mean, it’s been months since someone yelled “NICE CHROMAG!” or looked right at the Waltworks decal and asked “what model of Chromag is this?!” or said “I didn’t know Chromag made rigid bikes!!?!”

I will post a photo of my V1 ATB conversion when it’s back from WZRD.

Here is V1 as an MTB as a pre-comparison.

Wow. So what is the DoctaWalt V1 going to become? Every bike is potentially a rigid bike if you like being uncomfortable enough :)

Last edited by: craw on April 12, 2022, 7:20 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 12, 2022, 8:43 a.m.

Is there a gravel bike thread for that pink Chromag?

April 12, 2022, 9:25 a.m.

Posted by: craw

Wow. So what is the DoctaWalt V1 going to become? Every bike is potentially a rigid bike if you like being uncomfortable enough :)

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Since my Lilac DoctaWalt V2 has been my main mountain bike since it arrived and the Pink/Purple Surfworks V1 has been languishing. Chromag doesn’t sell rigid bikes to just have them sit around though, am I right?

It’s currently getting updated by Em to add rack and fender mounts as well as cable routing to cleanly run a rear derailleur, when I feel like it, and a nice big custom front rack. So yeah, it’s going to be an ATB - road, gravel, light trail, maybe more aggressive trails sometimes.

I have an 11-25t 5-speed setup that’ll be mated to a 32t oval ring. Cura2 brakes. A pair of 2.6” WTB Rangers. CushCore. 125mm dropper. Flat pedals. I think it’s going to be sweet.

Last edited by: AndrewMajor on April 12, 2022, 9:25 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 12, 2022, 9:35 a.m.

I've been drooling over this for a couple of days now

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcLSz9clinw/

April 12, 2022, 9:42 a.m.

I've been drooling over this for a couple of days now

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcLSz9clinw/

That’s sweet. Definitely can go in the ATB thread when you get one.

April 12, 2022, 12:37 p.m.

Since my Lilac DoctaWalt V2 has been my main mountain bike since it arrived and the Pink/Purple Surfworks V1 has been languishing. Chromag doesn’t sell rigid bikes to just have them sit around though, am I right?

It’s currently getting updated by Em to add rack and fender mounts as well as cable routing to cleanly run a rear derailleur, when I feel like it, and a nice big custom front rack. So yeah, it’s going to be an ATB - road, gravel, light trail, maybe more aggressive trails sometimes.

I have an 11-25t 5-speed setup that’ll be mated to a 32t oval ring. Cura2 brakes. A pair of 2.6” WTB Rangers. CushCore. 125mm dropper. Flat pedals. I think it’s going to be sweet.

Jorts, Tevas, tank tops, bike polo, fly fishing bikepack rig.

April 12, 2022, 2:33 p.m.

Careful. If you ad any more Radavist keywords in there it will bring Morg out of the woodwork.

April 12, 2022, 3:59 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

Careful. If you ad any more Radavist keywords in there it will bring Morg out of the woodwork.

Tanwall 

Paul components 

Brooks 

Say that 3x in a mirror …

April 12, 2022, 4:01 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

Organic vegan salvaged French fry oil chain lube.

April 12, 2022, 4:48 p.m.

LOL - I love the turn this thread has taken.

April 12, 2022, 5:06 p.m.

I haven't been snapping any trail photos lately. But, I've been out on the single hardtail [sHT] a lot. I've got two local crews to ride with now. Everyone, but my GF and one other guy are on FS Sag Wagons. The Bird continues to impress. She's taking lots of smashing and not complaining. I'm getting to know the main trail network fairly well so I can link up fun routes without pulling out my phone much. The trails are holding up well despite a decent amount of moisture. All in all a great start to 2022. :-)