NSMB - 2022 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

May 1, 2022, 3:38 a.m.

Posted by: velocipedestrian

Posted by: Kenny

First ride was definitely a tweaking ride. Second ride was the first time maybe ever that I finished a ride and thought "this bike is perfect, I need to change nothing". Super stoked on the Revel. It could be new bike Googles but the ripmo AF and jibb did not give me this vibe when new. 

Yay! Wierd to not feel like I have tinkering to do though. Some purple headset spacers and seat clamp maybe. Lol.

If nothing performance changing, purple ano is a psychological upgrade.

False. Each purple ano part is proven to add 1.6 watts.

May 1, 2022, 6:37 a.m.

Posted by: Poz

First ride was definitely a tweaking ride. Second ride was the first time maybe ever that I finished a ride and thought "this bike is perfect, I need to change nothing". Super stoked on the Revel. It could be new bike Googles but the ripmo AF and jibb did not give me this vibe when new. 

Yay! Wierd to not feel like I have tinkering to do though. Some purple headset spacers and seat clamp maybe. Lol.

Lol- I think both are particularly true for the 40+ crowd (at 41 I am just old enough to have fond memories of the purple ano glory days).

May 1, 2022, 2:29 p.m.

Lol- I think both are particularly true for the 40+ crowd (at 41 I am just old enough to have fond memories of the purple ano glory days).

1.6 Watts of extra beam to the grin. 

My rides are measured in smiles per hour.

May 2, 2022, 1:51 p.m.

I thot purple ano was stupid the 1st time around

May 2, 2022, 2:31 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Sure. Everyone has an opinion.

May 2, 2022, 3:09 p.m.

Here's my 2022 update. Now mulleted and with fresh-ish rubber going into warm season.

May 2, 2022, 4:33 p.m.

Purple ano adds mega psychological power!!!!

As seen on all my bikes... I should take a famijy photo of them together. LoL 

May 2, 2022, 5:16 p.m.

I'm more a blue ano guy myself, but I can appreciate a nice purple ano bike when I see one.

May 2, 2022, 5:20 p.m.

Posted by: Bushpilot

Here's my 2022 update. Now mulleted and with fresh-ish rubber going into warm season.

You probably meant to include the photo you uploaded:

May 2, 2022, 6:56 p.m.

I did lol thanks.  It always takes me forever to figure out how to post pics on this forum.  I gave up.

May 2, 2022, 7:59 p.m.

Posted by: heathen

Purple ano adds mega psychological power!!!!

As seen on all my bikes... I should take a famijy photo of them together. LoL 

Shrooms would make that all day interesting

May 3, 2022, 9 a.m.

That is a gorgeous bike! 

Posted by: [email protected]

Posted by: Bushpilot

You probably meant to include the photo you uploaded:

That is a gorgeous bike!

As for purple anno...I love it! As you can tell from my bike pic a few pages back I am more of a red guy...but had serious thoughts about purple with this build!

May 3, 2022, 9:19 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Me too. 

Love it now though.

May 3, 2022, 11:29 a.m.

and my 86 marin is not vintage its just old

insted of converting it to SS

I leave it in one gear

May 3, 2022, 7:51 p.m.

@bushpilot My dream bike and build! If you are in Canada, I'd be curious to know what was the landed cost of the frame itself since I'll probably go the Nicolai/Geometron route for my next build. (You can PM me, if you feel like it).

How are you getting along with the Magura brakes ? I just received a set of MT5s with the Storm HC rotors and performance pads, can't wait to bolt them up to my bike.