NSMB - 2020 - Hardtail Thread

Nov. 7, 2020, 10:48 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: tungsten

thanks alot guys. anyone wanna' buy a wideangle that's never been built up??

It warms my heart to know that you even own a bike.😂

Aw, shucks........

Nov. 7, 2020, 10:57 a.m.

size, price?

Nov. 7, 2020, 2:12 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

size, price?

Only half serious, but if I do, I'm only eating the tax. Size med. Perfect in every way.

Nov. 7, 2020, 5:48 p.m.

Speaking of Wideangles, I'm going to be posting mine soon as well.

Wideangles for everyone!

Nov. 7, 2020, 7:39 p.m.

New bike day, and thanks to this site and contributors for some great info.

- Nordest Bardino 2 Ti

- Portuguese/Spanish company with frame made in Taiwan

- SQ Labs 610 Active saddle + 29x2.6” tires (this particular brand) + Ti frame for compliance

- Bike feels as comfy (if not more) as a loaded Surly ECR

- Nordest were kind enough to accept my request for rack mounts and triple bottle cage mounts. I give you Enduropacktouring!

- No plans to go near dirt or dust anytime soon

Last edited by: bicycle_batman on Nov. 7, 2020, 7:46 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Nov. 8, 2020, 4:40 a.m.

Posted by: bicycle_batman

- Nordest Bardino 2 Ti

- Portuguese/Spanish company with frame made in Taiwan

- SQ Labs 610 Active saddle + 29x2.6” tires (this particular brand) + Ti frame for compliance

- Bike feels as comfy (if not more) as a loaded Surly ECR

- Nordest were kind enough to accept my request for rack mounts and triple bottle cage mounts. I give you Enduropacktouring!

- No plans to go near dirt or dust anytime soon

Looks lovely.  The grey tyre sidewalls against the grey downtube - nice.

Nov. 8, 2020, 5:24 a.m.

Hi Tremeer023, thanks for the compliment. Once the Vittoria tires get even a little dirty/dusty, you don’t really notice the grey till you wash it. I have another bike with mezcals. As for the down tube grey, it’s mainly the lighting and phone camera processing. Bike looks a bit more subtle in real life.

Nov. 8, 2020, 6:15 a.m.

Posted by: bicycle_batman

- Nordest Bardino 2 Ti

Nice looking bike. Enjoy! :-)

Nov. 8, 2020, 7:42 a.m.

The way that bike looks, it should never go near dirt or dust, way too sexy.

Nov. 8, 2020, 9:10 a.m.

Posted by: TonyJ

The way that bike looks, it should never go near dirt or dust, way too sexy.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Nov. 9, 2020, 4:45 a.m.

@bicycle_batman - what size is the Bardino? They normally have a seat tube brace, yours looks much cleaner without it.

Nov. 9, 2020, 5:28 p.m.

Thank you @Vikb, @TonyJ, and @Mic. Hope you all have a great day.

@hongeorge - it’s a small under the custom option. Because of sizing issues he couldn’t include a seat brace. To be honest I don’t know it’s purpose. Stiffness? I always assumed a small frame would be stiffer than a larger frame so this wouldn’t matter? You might also consider a Britango 2, but you’ll have to ask if he’ll do a ti version of that specific model.

Nov. 11, 2020, 7:19 a.m.

I have been riding the 27.5 version for a couple years (mine is a MY2019).  It’s stiff, real stiff- and I’m 245lbs.  I had this idea to build up a cheap hardtail as a second bike with parts leftover from my older (2015+) bikes.  I got the frame cheap on CRC, but it still ended up costing me $1500 USD total.

In the end, I wish that I would have just bought a complete for the same or even a little more with a more sophisticated frame.  

I’ve owned several aluminum hardtails in the past- all with worse geo than the eccentric.  I’ve also enjoyed all of those hardtails more than the eccentric.  Maybe I’m just getting older, but I feel like there is just something uniquely uninspiring with this frame.

Nov. 12, 2020, 7:31 a.m.

Posted by: Halloweenus

I have been riding the 27.5 version for a couple years (mine is a MY2019).  It’s stiff, real stiff- and I’m 245lbs.  I had this idea to build up a cheap hardtail as a second bike with parts leftover from my older (2015+) bikes.  I got the frame cheap on CRC, but it still ended up costing me $1500 USD total.

In the end, I wish that I would have just bought a complete for the same or even a little more with a more sophisticated frame.  

I’ve owned several aluminum hardtails in the past- all with worse geo than the eccentric.  I’ve also enjoyed all of those hardtails more than the eccentric.  Maybe I’m just getting older, but I feel like there is just something uniquely uninspiring with this frame.

You could have got a fully custom ti frame from http://www.waltlytitanium.com/ for much less than $1500USD. I don't get why anyone would pay more than $1000USD for a hardtail they had no say in.

Nov. 12, 2020, 8:36 a.m.

Posted by: craw

You could have got a fully custom ti frame from http://www.waltlytitanium.com/ for much less than $1500USD. I don't get why anyone would pay more than $1000USD for a hardtail they had no say in.

How did you find the process of ordering from them? The site is not as intuitive as the Marino one