NSMB 2020 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

Oct. 25, 2020, 9:05 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

NEAT

Looking good! I miss my Lyrik fork and am planning on going with one on my next build. Not sure I could rock the red fork on yellow frame (though I could call it McSight), but I suppose black would do.

Oct. 25, 2020, 10:26 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

GX throughout, E13 bar and stem, Code RSC brakes, DT Swiss wheels, Assegais, Lyrik Ultimate, Super Deluxe Select plus, borrowed TransX post.

I'm interested to try the Sram / Rock Shox stuff, I have only ridden Fox / Shimano for probably 10 years or more.

Yeah it's a flight! I forgot I sold my seat with my Darkside and I had this around. I have the same on my road bike and don't mind it so we'll see how it goes on the mtb.

Haven't ridden it yet aside from some parking lot laps to set up the brakes. Going to Eagle tomorrow morning to get a feel for it. I've never ridden Eagle, and I've only ridden twice since 2018 so I'm going to ride some blues and learn how to ride a bike again lol.

It looks great. I love the saddle and in fact, dedicated a whole thread to the greatness of the flight saddle - good choice.

Enjoy Eagle. to me, it is what the shore was 15 years ago. I hope you've been doing something for cardio though, the IMBY climb is one of the more challenging ones in the lower mainland IMO. I only rode there once but was recommended IMBY -> physio -> shock therapy -> manhandler -> back up phyisio -> east bound and down -> hammer time - blue line. It was a great loop. The stunts on east bound were great and all very rideable but the trail would still be loads of fun if you skipped them. Hammer time had one feature that was pretty intimidating but the rest of everything else was totally reasonable. Let us know how you like the bike.

Oct. 25, 2020, 12:54 p.m.

We did IMBY - Physio - East bound - Bad Blood - Hammertime / JJ - Blue Line

It was amazing. I've always complained about the typical shore trails (Seymoure / Fromme) don't feel like natural trail biking to me, they feel like riding constructed trails with all the woodwork and armouring. That's not to say that they're bad in any way just not what I prefer to ride. The riding out here in Tri-cities has been nothing like that so far and nothing short of amazing. The trails I rode on Burke a few weeks back and this lap on Eagle feel like you're riding a more natural trail not a "constructed" trail if you know what I mean.

The IMBY climb was great, even if I'm very, very, (very), out of shape.  I've done zero cardio since about 3 - 4 years ago. My daily commute is a flat 12k round trip so that does basically nothing.

Bike was fantastic, couple very minor tweaks I need to make. Don't have any tokens in the fork from stock, going to throw 1 or 2 in, and maybe a couple more clicks of LSC. Brakes didn't blow my mind but were ok, the lever feel is (unsurprisingly) very different from Shimano. Aside from that I really nailed the parking lot setup lol. Maybe cut the 800mm bars a bit but we'll see.

Overall awesome ride.

Oct. 25, 2020, 12:59 p.m.

^^^

good to hear the move is working out for you

Dec. 30, 2020, 5:04 a.m.

2021 will be season #4 on my GG Smash. I was planning on riding it a long time before I had heard of COVID, but now having a great bike I love to ride is a beautiful thing I don't take for granted. She'll get a big overhaul this winter before she goes back into action in the spring. :-)

Dec. 30, 2020, 5:05 a.m.

Posted by: JBV 

new bikes for all!

Nice. They were smart not to take any chances if they want a fresh ride for 2021.