NSMB 2020 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

Aug. 24, 2020, 9:02 p.m.

Got the RSD Wildcat out on the trails finally and I think I’m gunna get on real nice with it.

Edit: holy shit how can I never remember how to insert a pic from flickr on here?

Last edited by: tashi on Aug. 24, 2020, 9:10 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
Aug. 25, 2020, 5:06 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Got the RSD Wildcat out on the trails finally and I think I’m gunna get on real nice with it.

Looks great. I helped my friend get a RSD WC and built it up for here this summer. She's enjoying it. Have fun!

Last edited by: Vikb on Aug. 25, 2020, 5:09 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 26, 2020, 8:42 a.m.

Oh hey, I think that came across my insta feed the other week. 

That’s a complete eh?  The completes are just a crazy good price, and full SLX if you swing that way.

Aug. 26, 2020, 9:48 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Oh hey, I think that came across my insta feed the other week. 

That’s a complete eh?  The completes are just a crazy good price, and full SLX if you swing that way.

My friend is not one to want to pick all the parts for a frame and get it put together. So she just asked me which build kit to buy, I suggested the SLX as you note it's a solid build and then I put the bike together for her when it arrived.

Sept. 4, 2020, 7:41 p.m.

NEAT

Sept. 4, 2020, 11:18 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

NEAT

Is this what your other bikes have turned into? Looks sweet. Can't wait to see it built up....

Coil going on there?

Sept. 5, 2020, 1:02 a.m.

Very nice! Where did you come up with an alloy frameset? Are they sold in Canada? Over here we only get to buy the carbon framesets, which I don’t want :)

Sept. 5, 2020, 6:04 a.m.

Looks great. I like the colour. Enjoy the build and riding it. :-)

Sept. 5, 2020, 9:22 a.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Is this what your other bikes have turned into? Looks sweet. Can't wait to see it built up....

Coil going on there?

Yeah, so far I've only sold the Darkside, still have the Wideangle. I spent a little of that money on this but the build will be slow as I make up my mind on things, and since nothing is in stock in the entire country right now lol.

I'll probably stick with air since that's what the Sight frames are designed around, but I haven't made my mind up about the build specifics yet. Not sure if I'm going to go Rock Shox or Fox yet either.

Posted by: Znarf

Very nice! Where did you come up with an alloy frameset? Are they sold in Canada? Over here we only get to buy the carbon framesets, which I don’t want :)

You can buy aluminum frames here in Canada, but only black for this year.

This one is actually one of their "Build your ride" frames that had some cosmetic defects (extremely minor scratches) that I managed to score. You're not supposed to be able to buy the build your ride frames standalone but this one was a special case since it had some small scratches. It's a 2020 frame but nothing has changed between 2020 and 2021 and I loved this colour so much I jumped on it rather than buying a complete 2021 bike.

Posted by: Vikb

Thanks, I'm really stoked on the colour!

Last edited by: thaaad on Sept. 5, 2020, 9:23 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 6, 2020, 5:19 a.m.

Coil going on there?

Yeah, so far I've only sold the Darkside, still have the Wideangle. I spent a little of that money on this but the build will be slow as I make up my mind on things, and since nothing is in stock in the entire country right now lol.

I'll probably stick with air since that's what the Sight frames are designed around, but I haven't made my mind up about the build specifics yet. Not sure if I'm going to go Rock Shox or Fox yet either.

Posted by: Znarf

You can buy aluminum frames here in Canada, but only black for this year.

This one is actually one of their "Build your ride" frames that had some cosmetic defects (extremely minor scratches) that I managed to score. You're not supposed to be able to buy the build your ride frames standalone but this one was a special case since it had some small scratches. It's a 2020 frame but nothing has changed between 2020 and 2021 and I loved this colour so much I jumped on it rather than buying a complete 2021 bike.

Posted by: Vikb

Thanks, I'm really stoked on the colour!

Sweet! The color is really great!

Sept. 6, 2020, 6:55 a.m.

Updated a couple of parts on mine to colour match. Not a clean and pretty photo but this thing is a beast, so stoked on it

Sept. 6, 2020, 8:46 a.m.

Hell yeah that looks awesome

Sept. 9, 2020, 8:07 a.m.

NEAT

Coil going on there?

Ooh, that colour combination reminds of the 2016 Norco Torrent.

Did you buy this frame through a dealer or direct from Norco?

Sept. 18, 2020, 1:03 p.m.

Finally got myself a new, used bike and put the old Cove STD to retirement. Apart from the Chromag bars and the Deathgrips stock 2019 Kona Operator DL. I would have never ever expected such a different handling with the current geo. Unreal. I do not like the WahWah pedals though, and think about replacing them sooner or later, lacking a bit of grip.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Last edited by: Mic on Sept. 18, 2020, 1:05 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 18, 2020, 8:55 p.m.

Here's my 2020 Sight C2. Swapped the wheels and SRAM drivetrain from my old Range, then put on a 35mm rise OneUp bar, OneUp bashguide, 165mm XT cranks and a yellow Fox decal kit. Only change I've made since the pics is replacing the Fabric grips to Deity Knuckledusters.

https://nsmb.com/photos/view/20043/

Last edited by: DangerousDave on Sept. 18, 2020, 8:58 p.m., edited 1 time in total.