NSMB - 2018 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

June 7, 2018, 9:35 p.m.

Just got this one last month. Came with all black everything - wayyyyyy to intense (and boring). I had these turbine cranks kicking around and threw them on but they stuck out in a bad way so I upgraded the rotors to 203's and went blue hope. Figured I would add a few other blue accents. Arrggg, the blues don't match. What do y'all think? Swap out the cranks for the original black ones? I was thinking about getting some blue decals for the fork...

How does it ride? So smooth...Super supple over all the chatter but feels bottomless on the big stuff. The more you drop the bars into a corner the more it bites, the suspension just eats up everything and keeps the wheels planted. It actually climbs pretty well as well. It is always a good sign when you don't like using the climb switch. 

All I can say is God Damn Race Face for making a blue crank that clashes with everything else on the market!

June 7, 2018, 11:16 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Just got this one last month. Came with all black everything - wayyyyyy to intense (and boring). I had these turbine cranks kicking around and threw them on but they stuck out in a bad way so I upgraded the rotors to 203's and went blue hope. Figured I would add a few other blue accents. Arrggg, the blues don't match. What do y'all think? Swap out the cranks for the original black ones? I was thinking about getting some blue decals for the fork...

How does it ride? So smooth...Super supple over all the chatter but feels bottomless on the big stuff. The more you drop the bars into a corner the more it bites, the suspension just eats up everything and keeps the wheels planted. It actually climbs pretty well as well. It is always a good sign when you don't like using the climb switch. 

All I can say is God Damn Race Face for making a blue crank that clashes with everything else on the market!

At least the blue color of your grips DOES match the blue in your jersey/shirt in the window =)

June 10, 2018, 8:31 p.m.

New bike. 2015 intense spider 29c. NOS from OGC.

Build: Pike RCT3, Saint brakes, Reverb Stealth, Race Face cockpit, XTR crank, Eagle GX Drive, Easton ARC30 rims to Hope Pro4 SP hubs and big chunky high volume Minion tires

Last edited by: rnayel on June 14, 2018, 10 a.m., edited 3 times in total.
June 13, 2018, 5:06 p.m.

Here's something unusual....2005 Turner 4X. Built as a pumptrack/flow trail weapon. Total weight 21.4 pounds / 9.7kg

Frame: 2005 Turner 4X, w/ Fox RP3 S4 tuned

Fork: Rockshox SID WC Blackbox Dual Air

Headset: Chris King Steelset

Stem: Truvativ Descendent 35

Bar: Raceface Next R

Grip: Renthal Kevlar

Seat: Selle Italia SLR

Seatpost: Thomson Elite

Cranks: XTR M980 + 36t Ebay narrow-wide w/ KCNC hardware

Chain: Shimano HG901-11

Shifter: Shimano Saint 10 speed

Housing: Nokon

Derailleur: Shimano XTR M9000 w/ Zee cage

Cassette: Shimano XTR M9000 reduced to 5 gears, 11-19

Pedals: HT ME03T

Brake: Shimano XTR Race / XT, NSB adapter, Ashima Ai2 rotor, ti bolts throughout

Front wheel: Spank Oozy260 Trail/DT Comp/Atomlab Pimplite DJ, Maxxis Crossmark 2.1", Schwalbe alu valve

Rear Wheel: Spank Oozy260 Trail/DT Comp/Hadley SS, Schwalbe Thunder Burt 2.1", Schwalbe alu valve

If only there was an XTR DH group...

carbon fork, aluminum frame, steel headset.

Aug. 5, 2018, 9:10 p.m.

I went from a 2002 Santa Cruz Bullit to a 2018 Commencal Meta TR Race in brushed aluminum. The forum software forgot about me when it had that hiccup a while back so I can't post pictures yet. Mods help me out? (I used to be TracerTong, or was it Tracer_Tong? Doesn't matter)

It's the TR model with slightly less travel. So far so good. Miles ahead of my Bullit in every way, dropper post is a revelation, don't have to stop or ride short bits with my seat up. I wasn't prepared for the pedal strikes, but it handles better, turns better, jumps better.  Tempted to put a taller bar on cause I'm 6' 5". From my point of view it was also a good value at $3688 US shipped. Came in less than a week and the person I spoke to at Commencal USA was on the ball, no issues so far.  I'll be happy to post pictures of the old and new rides once the forum software lets me.

Aug. 7, 2018, 12:19 p.m.

Posted by: 7racer_tong

The forum software forgot about me when it had that hiccup a while back so I can't post pictures yet. Mods help me out? (I used to be TracerTong, or was it Tracer_Tong? Doesn't matter)

You can post images 24h after creating an account, so you should be good now.

Shoot me a message if you want to revive your old account (Tracer-Tong), it's still there (needs a password reset but may be linked to email you no longer have).

Aug. 8, 2018, 7:54 p.m.

Went from this:Bullit

To this:

Commencal

Commencal 2

So yeah, modernity is great.