NSMB - 2017 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

March 6, 2017, 8:41 p.m.

I looks like my new bike got left on the old forum, so I get to post it again. Only 3 rides so far, gets better each time. Can't wait for this snow to be done.

March 7, 2017, 3:07 p.m.

What brakes are those Dave?  Nice looking Warden, in the process of building an endorphin myself.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

March 7, 2017, 3:26 p.m.

Judging by the shape of the levers, Id say they are Maguras.

March 7, 2017, 4:59 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

What brakes are those Dave? Nice looking Warden, in the process of building an endorphin myself.

Hayes Prime Pro

March 7, 2017, 5:37 p.m.

don't post much here these days, but just went to the effort of getting into this new forum, so here's my bike...

March 7, 2017, 5:53 p.m.

New bike day up in here. Now to find time to ride this thing...

March 7, 2017, 8:34 p.m.

That. Paint. Looks. Fucking. Awesome.

March 8, 2017, 7:38 a.m.

<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td class="alt2" style="font-size: 10pt; background: rgb(203, 203, 203); border: 1px inset;">

Originally Posted by Dean W View Post A few Made in Canada parts. So much better than stock. Race Face SixC cranks North Shore Billet 28t chainring Blackspire Crusher half taco bash guard

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<span style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-size: 13.3333px; background-color: rgb(237, 237, 237);">How is the Blackspre Crusher holding up. Can't run a regular chain guard, so I was looking at this.</span>

The Blackspire Basher is performing perfectly. No issues at all and at a reasonable weight as well (71g)

Last edited by: Dean-W on March 8, 2017, 7:40 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 8, 2017, 8:19 a.m.

Posted by: KazYamamura

Gorgeous bike. And it defies gravity!

Seriously, how is that bike standing up?

March 8, 2017, 9:03 a.m.

Good to hear the news on the mini-bash. I picked one up for the bike as the XT M8000 cranks don't allow for a bash ring, have to get around to installing it.  With the lower BB I have had a couple of small contacts over log rolls, so it is inevitable that I am going to tag a rock soon enough. It would suck to smash the chain ring or chain on a ride. I picked up the 26-32 version, as I have a 32t front. Hopefully it doesn't drop too much lower than the chainring, as the BB is already pretty low and I don't want to be tagging even more than I am now.

What chain ring do you have on your bike and what size basher did you get?

Posted by: Dean-W

<tbody>

<tr>

<td class="alt2" style="font-size: 10pt; background: rgb(203, 203, 203); border: 1px inset;">

Originally Posted by Dean W View Post A few Made in Canada parts. So much better than stock. Race Face SixC cranks North Shore Billet 28t chainring Blackspire Crusher half taco bash guard

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<span style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-size: 13.3333px; background-color: rgb(237, 237, 237);">How is the Blackspre Crusher holding up. Can't run a regular chain guard, so I was looking at this.</span>

The Blackspire Basher is performing perfectly. No issues at all and at a reasonable weight as well (71g)

Response

Last edited by: rideitall on March 8, 2017, 9:05 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 8, 2017, 9:12 a.m.

Yes, a very nice paint job on the bike. What's the cost to get something like done and where? It looks like you have ditched the Reverb dropper. Is that a Fox dropper on there?

After hearing the pros and cons on the Reverb I was planning on running the stock 150mm Reverb dropper that came on my Bronson, but after a handful of rides it crapped the bed. I picked up another Lev Integra as I have had relatively good luck with KS products. Going to get the Reverb fixed and sell it.

The one good thing that came from the Reverb is how the push button under the bar was so much better than the standard KS Lev lever on top of the bar. The Lev I picked up had the Southpaw lever with it, so nice as compared to the stock lever.

Response

Last edited by: rideitall on March 8, 2017, 9:12 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 8, 2017, 9:26 a.m.

Posted by: rideitall

Good to hear the news on the mini-bash. I picked one up for the bike as the XT M8000 cranks don't allow for a bash ring, have to get around to installing it.  With the lower BB I have had a couple of small contacts over log rolls, so it is inevitable that I am going to tag a rock soon enough. It would suck to smash the chain ring or chain on a ride. I picked up the 26-32 version, as I have a 32t front. Hopefully it doesn't drop too much lower than the chainring, as the BB is already pretty low and I don't want to be tagging even more than I am now.

What chain ring do you have on your bike and what size basher did you get?

Posted by: Dean-W

<tbody>

<tr>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

Response

Response

I have the 26-32 Basher and a NSB 28T ring.

I have the Basher on there as insurance.

March 8, 2017, 9:41 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

That. Paint. Looks. Fucking. Awesome.

Bit of a tribute to the NightStorm paint jobs that Klein had back in the day....

March 8, 2017, 10:38 a.m.

Yes, a very nice paint job on the bike. What's the cost to get something like done and where? It looks like you have ditched the Reverb dropper. Is that a Fox dropper on there?

After hearing the pros and cons on the Reverb I was planning on running the stock 150mm Reverb dropper that came on my Bronson, but after a handful of rides it crapped the bed. I picked up another Lev Integra as I have had relatively good luck with KS products. Going to get the Reverb fixed and sell it.

The one good thing that came from the Reverb is how the push button under the bar was so much better than the standard KS Lev lever on top of the bar. The Lev I picked up had the Southpaw lever with it, so nice as compared to the stock lever.

Response

It's actually not a paint job; it's just a vinyl wrap. Sure, it'll add a few grams, but it weighs less than 3M protective clear tape, and basically does the same job. It cost me $50 to print at the local print shop, and probably spent about 15 hours total wrapping the whole bike. I started out with sort of a "Ride The Lightning" look, but then the 80's influence completely took over on the logos...

I've personally had some bad luck with Reverbs and KS posts, so I decided to go for the Transfer - plus it matches my front and rear uppy-downy bits (and comparable cost to a reverb). I also never really liked the Reverb remote; it felt like it needed a little extra thumb power to start to push the remote, plus it sticks out a little too much for my thumb's liking, whereas the Transfer remote just feels like a regular shifter.

March 8, 2017, 12:26 p.m.

Response

It's actually not a paint job; it's just a vinyl wrap. Sure, it'll add a few grams, but it weighs less than 3M protective clear tape, and basically does the same job. It cost me $50 to print at the local print shop, and probably spent about 15 hours total wrapping the whole bike. I started out with sort of a "Ride The Lightning" look, but then the 80's influence completely took over on the logos...

I've personally had some bad luck with Reverbs and KS posts, so I decided to go for the Transfer - plus it matches my front and rear uppy-downy bits (and comparable cost to a reverb). I also never really liked the Reverb remote; it felt like it needed a little extra thumb power to start to push the remote, plus it sticks out a little too much for my thumb's liking, whereas the Transfer remote just feels like a regular shifter.

That is really cool.  I agree with your points on the dropper levers.  I bought a Wolf Tooth lever for my post and love it.  

If one wanted to just get plain black or red, where would one get this wrap?