NSMB - 2017 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

Jan. 5, 2017, 12:07 p.m.

Canfield Riot. Grand total of 1 whole ride on it.

That's a nice looking ride. Give us some close ups of the welds?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 5, 2017, 9:16 p.m.

My rig for the new year, All new drivetrain, 2016 Rune frame, got out on a couple times before the snow and it is so so good! I love it.

Jan. 6, 2017, 1:56 a.m.

New Fuel EX 9.9

29" / 140mm fork / 130 back end.

Treks numbers seem way out, this thing is sub 66 degrees in the low setting [HTML_REMOVED] BB is on the floor.

Weighs just over 25lbs. It's flipping awesome.

Will be racing local DH on it, Enduro, trail riding [HTML_REMOVED] a Whistler summer holiday. It truely is a proper do it all bike for me [HTML_REMOVED] where I live.

I thought I might miss the bigger 160mm 650b 'enduro' bikes i've been riding for the last however many years. I don't miss anything about them :)

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Jan. 6, 2017, 7:08 a.m.

I used to have a Fuel eons ago. Im curious - where do you live? Looks pretty flat for an enduro.

Jan. 6, 2017, 9:35 a.m.

Thats at the top of a mountain in Wales, UK.

I don't think I would have any issues with riding this bike on anything to be fair :)

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Jan. 7, 2017, 11:58 a.m.

Starting something new this year, still gathering parts

Jan. 7, 2017, 12:15 p.m.

Very Like

Jan. 8, 2017, 10:20 p.m.

This is almost old and weird enough to go in the WTF thread, but it's what I'm enjoying in the snow right now…

Old Turner Six Pack (short-lived, SpecialEd-legal-dept-killed horst-link version of the RFX) recently reborn as a 26+ bike. It has clearance for 26x3.0s in the back, but the 66 will only take a 2.8, so 26x2.75 Surly Dirt Wizards it is.

12-34 6-speed cassette (on a DT Swiss 240 single-speed hub for a dishless wheel)
Hammershizzle
Thumbies
Half-Clips

Works pretty well in [HTML_REMOVED]3" of coast concrete, even with 20psi in the tires.

Jan. 8, 2017, 11:39 p.m.

upvote for hammerschmidt!

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 9, 2017, 7:45 a.m.

So pretty much everyone rides a super nice carbon bike w carbon wheels and next sl ctanks? Its like you guys are more interested in your bikes than in actualriding

ill snap a pic tonight of my super nice carbon bike, carbon wheels, and next sl cranks. Its somewhere in the basement. :)

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 9, 2017, 8:18 a.m.

So pretty much everyone rides a super nice carbon bike w carbon wheels and next sl ctanks? Its like you guys are more interested in your bikes than in actualriding

ill snap a pic tonight of my super nice carbon bike, carbon wheels, and next sl cranks. Its somewhere in the basement. :)

Speaking of which, I've updated the suspension for 2017, now rocking a Fox 36 and Vivid Air. Update pics to come.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Jan. 9, 2017, 9:11 a.m.

Next SL cranks should be SixC for the Shore. Next cranks intended usage should only be for XC or Trail, of course not DH , but even All Mtn. or Enduro is gonna be too much for these super light cranks. Unfortunately I learned the hard way (twice). The stress from All Mtn or Enduro is too much for the Next SL.
SixC are on the way for moi.

By no means am I unhappy with Race Face Quality, but I do feel that the Next SL have been mis-marketed in the way that all of us believe they will handle the wear and tear of N.Shore riding….they won't , go with the SixC or the Alu Turbine to be safe.

Jan. 9, 2017, 9:21 a.m.

Interesting. Would you consider yourself hard on bike parts or easy on them? I see so many bikes running the SL's yet don't hear of much negative feeback.

I know for myself I have managed to run some pretty light parts and have had zero issues. RF Next SL's would be my go to first choice for cranks but now you have me rethinking my choice.

on a side note, wow is there some wickedly nice builds in this thread.

Jan. 9, 2017, 9:24 a.m.

Next SL cranks should be SixC for the Shore. Next cranks intended usage should only be for XC or Trail, of course not DH , but even All Mtn. or Enduro is gonna be too much for these super light cranks. Unfortunately I learned the hard way (twice). The stress from All Mtn or Enduro is too much for the Next SL.
SixC are on the way for moi.

By no means am I unhappy with Race Face Quality, but I do feel that the Next SL have been mis-marketed in the way that all of us believe they will handle the wear and tear of N.Shore riding….they won't , go with the SixC or the Alu Turbine to be safe.

how much do you weigh? my nextsl's have been good.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 9, 2017, 9:37 a.m.

170MM NEXT SL,s on my bike now issues what so ever .

#northsidetrailbuilders