NSMB - 2017 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

Jan. 3, 2017, 1:32 p.m.

Canfield Riot. Grand total of 1 whole ride on it.

Jan. 3, 2017, 1:52 p.m.

Everyone seems to have NOBL wheels these days! Worth the money? Contemplating either getting a pair of them or a cheaper Chinese option.

Jan. 3, 2017, 2:35 p.m.

Everyone seems to have NOBL wheels these days! Worth the money? Contemplating either getting a pair of them or a cheaper Chinese option.

I feel they are worth the money, they are local which is an added bonus if you ever required warranty. I believe with them being local your more than likely to have a quicker turn around time. I haven't had any issues with any of my nobl wheel sets but did require warranty with Enve which was weak. I was without a wheel for 6 weeks and had to pay @ $200 in shipping , I wasn't impressed.

Nice Canfield TMack

Jan. 3, 2017, 2:50 p.m.

both incredible bikes. stunners. is that Luftkappe a noticeable improvement?

Incredible bikes!

I'd love to hear about the Luftklappe too, I ordered one and it must be somewhere over or on the Atlantic Ocean, while I'm still fleeing winter for a few days in southern Italy. Good riding here and 19deg C warmer than my hometown right now. Today it's raining though…

I decided to NOT get new bikes for 2017 and travel a lot more instead with my existing bikes. Let's see how that works out. A shiny new bike is a beautiful thing for sure though, enjoy…

The bike is still relatively new to me, and I'm still playing with the suspension. First impressions are positive with small bump improving. I'm running less pressure than I expected 55psi and 30% sag (i'm 160ish) with one token. I'm thinking about taking the token out as I haven't been using all the travel. The vorsprung install video was saying to use 2 less tokens than usual after install (I had 3 in).

Install was fairly easy was well. Just make sure you buy some quality circlip pliers.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 3, 2017, 2:57 p.m.

What is going on with that seat?

Yeah - it's certainly a bit different. I'm still trying it out. It's meant to be better for your "man parts"…

Jan. 3, 2017, 8:44 p.m.

Got this Spring of 2016. Going to change the bar, probably to a Fubar OSX. Otherwise, wysiwyg…

Patrol Carbon
Chromag saddle, pedals, stem [HTML_REMOVED] grips
Chris King headset
Reverb post
SixC cranks
Magura MT7 brakes
Float X2 shock
Float 36 Fork
Hope Pro 2 on Flows
Etc.

Dont know what it weighs, dont really care. Id guess low 30s.

Jan. 4, 2017, 6:39 a.m.

I feel they are worth the money, they are local which is an added bonus if you ever required warranty. I believe with them being local your more than likely to have a quicker turn around time. I haven't had any issues with any of my nobl wheel sets but did require warranty with Enve which was weak. I was without a wheel for 6 weeks and had to pay @ $200 in shipping , I wasn't impressed.

Nice Canfield TMack

Agreed… when you compare NOBL to most of the other carbon hoops out there the value/performance ration swings strongly toward NOBL.. the fact that you are supporting a local company only seals the deal. We've had one of our enduro team riders bashing their wheels in the B.C. enduro series and we've never touched them with a spoke wrench.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a 27.5+ rim option from them… that with a NOBL (Onyx) sprag clutch hub has me salivating… :-)

Jan. 4, 2017, 7:24 a.m.

Would love to have some of those Nobl wheels/rims but it's a tough sell paying as much for one single rim as an entire wheelset in the non-carbon variety. I'll have to wait for my lotto numbers to come in I guess.

Jan. 4, 2017, 8:56 a.m.

I will be sporting the tried and true 26" wheel in 2017 from the looks of it ,once my fork is back from warranty I will assemble the steed with some new parts for 17 .

in regards to NOBL. meet Trev in 2013 and have dealt with him since for all my hubs and spokes , oneday I will take the plunge and get some of his rims and hubs , think that will be when I go 29r in 18 .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 4, 2017, 11:45 a.m.

Canfield Riot. Grand total of 1 whole ride on it.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 4, 2017, 2:41 p.m.

Same build, new frame after I put a massive dent in my old frame 2 months into owning it.

2017 Banshee prime L

Lb hoops still going strong after a full season of racing. (30mm dh layup)

Jan. 4, 2017, 4:32 p.m.

Same build, new frame after I put a massive dent in my old frame 2 months into owning it.

2017 Banshee prime L

Lb hoops still going strong after a full season of racing. (30mm dh layup)

dude that is killer , when the weather gets better and more rid-able I would like to meet up and check it out in person

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 4, 2017, 6:29 p.m.

/\Bonus points for having your scale hanging from antlers.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Jan. 4, 2017, 8:44 p.m.

2016 Norco Revolver
120mm SID
Raceface, Chromag, Wolftooth, XT, Hope pro 4
2 wheelsets
Carbon Minion SS, Tomahawk.
Flows DHR2, DHF.

Shed head!

Jan. 4, 2017, 8:48 p.m.

2016 Sight

150mm Pike w/Luftkappe and V-spec