NSMB - 2017 - Full Suspension Bike Thread

Jan. 30, 2017, 6:39 p.m.

First ride this weekend - 2017 Reign Advanced 1. Upgrades over last year are the Fox suspension, carbon wheels and a big ol dinner plate on the rear cassette. Easier climbing, better pedaling and I don't miss the option of lowering the Pike's travel for climbing. Only one downhill run so far (JD), so not much to say about performance changes.

The catalog photos do not do this red justice. It pops in the forest!

Jan. 30, 2017, 10:52 p.m.

Can somebody explain how to insert an image into a posting? I have done the URL link, but the picture does no go in as an opened image, just a link to the URL.

Also, what size is best for pictures in this format? I am using Faststone to reduce image sizes, so I can do it by dimensions, it seems an easy way to do it.

Jan. 31, 2017, 6:49 a.m.

Can somebody explain how to insert an image into a posting? I have done the URL link, but the picture does no go in as an opened image, just a link to the URL.

Also, what size is best for pictures in this format? I am using Faststone to reduce image sizes, so I can do it by dimensions, it seems an easy way to do it.

800 pixels wide is a good size for desktop viewing.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:15 a.m.

Thanks Dean, that is what I thought I had done, I will check the brackets to see if they are correct.

Can the image come directly from my computer folder, or does it need to be somewhere specific, like a shared image on NSMB or PB?

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:47 a.m.

It needs to be on the internet somewhere, like pinkbike or nsmb.

https://imgur.com also has free image hosting.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:35 a.m.

It needs to be on the internet somewhere, like pinkbike or nsmb.

https://imgur.com also has free image hosting.

Thanks, problem solved.

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:52 a.m.

the start to a new project, more details to come.

Feb. 1, 2017, 12:46 a.m.

First ride this weekend - 2017 Reign Advanced 1. Upgrades over last year are the Fox suspension, carbon wheels and a big ol dinner plate on the rear cassette. Easier climbing, better pedaling and I don't miss the option of lowering the Pike's travel for climbing. Only one downhill run so far (JD), so not much to say about performance changes.

That's lovely!

I just put a Float x2 on my 2016 Reign (alloy and not as nice color). The shock feels great after the first rides, I don't have it dialed 100% yet though. I might like to add another spacer, but the two I've got in there already seems to be the limit after the recall. At 78kg and around 205psi i have around 25% sag and just don't bottom at bigger hits, I use a lot of travel though. I'll play with the compression settings on my next ride…

Maybe you could give some insight on your settings etc. once you've got some rides in?

Feb. 1, 2017, 12:28 p.m.

What does that bad boy weigh? Still eyeing a Trance Advanced 1 or Troy as my first choices for a new trail bike but if the Reign isn't too heavy I may have to try it as I love me some Fox 36/Float X2 action. (Yes I know the Trance and Reign will ride differently).

Feb. 1, 2017, 12:55 p.m.

What does that bad boy weigh? Still eyeing a Trance Advanced 1 or Troy as my first choices for a new trail bike but if the Reign isn't too heavy I may have to try it as I love me some Fox 36/Float X2 action. (Yes I know the Trance and Reign will ride differently).

You have some of the same bikes on your list as mine. On a Trance SX now with a decent build. Looked at the new 2017 Trance Adv 1, lots of good, but the 34 and Float shock don't thrill me and so far not all players have metric trunnion mount shocks. Ideally, the Adv 1 would have a 160/140 Talas 36 RC2 and a DB Inline or DB Air or X2 on it. Then it would be great. It would be really, really great !!!

I have crossed the Reign off my list. Had a 2016 Reign 1, nice bike but way different than the Trance and didn't work for me. Sold it and kept my older Trance.

Also looking at the Troy, Warden and now possibly the SC Bronson. Met a couple Warden riders last weekend who had nothing but high praise for Warden both climbing and descending. Reviews on the Bronson are really good. Anyone have experience on a 2016 / 2017 Bronson?

Cheers

Feb. 1, 2017, 7:32 p.m.

~32 lb for the medium using a cheap ass plastic analog luggage scale. Tubeless setup with a Ti Selle Italia saddle and XT platform pedals, otherwise stock.

I rode both a 2017 TA1 and RA1 before deciding on the Reign. To me, the tires are the biggest difference (besides obvious geometry) and I may pony up for smaller tires like the Trance had. Both are excellent downhill (I had my best ride down Ladies on the TA1 in the late fall), but I ride bikes to go down. The uphill is just consequential to get down. Going down, the RA1 beats the TA1 as expected.

Not enough rides yet to comment on suspension. And I'm not a suspension geek. If it goes down and doesn't bob around, it works for me.

Feb. 1, 2017, 8:59 p.m.

Another teaser, hopefully I can get it built up over the weekend and have pictures of the whole thing.

Feb. 2, 2017, 8:09 a.m.

Another teaser, hopefully I can get it built up over the weekend and have pictures of the whole thing.

Enough of the nipple slips. With the teasers comes high expectations of uber pimpness and bike envy. Don't let us down ;-)

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 2, 2017, 8:12 a.m.

So who will be the first to post up a electronic shifting bike? XT is affordable now………

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 2, 2017, 9:14 a.m.

^Di2 makes the most sense on a 2x11 system running one Shifter.

Isn't kperras RM Maiden Di2?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.