Posted by: jonathan-harris
I've been hiding this one for too long...
- Starling Murmur frame custom painted by 7Pot Customs in the UK
- DVO Diamond fork set to 150mm travel and Emerald rear shock
- Steerer tapped for a OneUp top cap and EDC
- We Are One Agent rims laced to P321 hubs (such a nice wheelset)
- Race Face NEXT cranks, 30t chain ring (now a OneUp Switch chainring)
- XTR shifting over a EThirteen 10-44t cassette
- Renthal Apex 33mm stem, Fatbar carbon 35 trimmed to 780mm wide
- Hope Tech 3 E4 brakes
- 9Point8 175mm travel dropper post
- King headset and bottom bracket
- Ergon saddle and grips
- Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5" WT front and 2.3" rear (likely will swap the rear for a DHRII soon)
- OneUp flat pedals (these are so good I'm back to running flats full time)
As built with the EDC it weighs in at 32.5lbs.
Ride wise... silent, smooth and picks up speed and maintains it exceptionally. I'm shocked with the grip that this bike seems to find and have been reveling in the slingshot effect when I let it run tear through a corner. Admittedly getting the rear shock set up took some time but now the bike is dialed for my tastes.
that's a similar feeling I noticed coming out of corners on my 29er when I first started riding it .
and are your pedals alloy or plastic ??