NSMB- 2016 - Mountain Bike Tread (Full Suspension)

Feb. 3, 2016, 5:54 p.m.

never tried a 29'er. i'm afraid i'd like it, so a bit hesitant. very much liking the idea of the evil wreckoning currently.

Good gawd! I'm right at the lower sizing limit and the want is strong with that bike.
More-so now that I price checked a Mojo/Nicolai Geometron =/

Although I feel both frames would come out being about the same cost regardless.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 3, 2016, 7:45 p.m.

when i say more time setting it up, i'm thinking just more time getting used to it. when i review bikes i don't expect to feel quite at home - i try to listen to what the bike is telling me and take note how it is behaving - but on a bike i build and own i want it to feel RIGHT and this doesn't somehow, despite not having any actual flaws i can articulate. it just doesn't feel like it's my bike, if that makes any sense

silly as it sounds, that might be it. i can still remember the first time i rode an aggressive 29er hardtail: my soul was singing! i've owned nothing but 29ers since, until now

:drool:

That totally makes sense. I've always said that the best components/bikes are ones you never notice. If you do notice them, its usually not a good thing.

I'm so fussy over my bike set up that once I built my bike the first go around it was already in the sweet spot.

Feb. 3, 2016, 8:35 p.m.

i'm pretty much the same. a new bike never feels quite "right" until i've injected an adequate quantity of my dna. which is why i typically do custom builds from random scraps rather than buy completes. i bought the adhoc complete, and it's going to take a bit of massaging to make it "mine".

i built mine from the ground up. took long enough - i've had the frame since october? - and i like the way it turned out… just not the way it rides

:(

never tried a 29'er. i'm afraid i'd like it, so a bit hesitant.

really

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 3, 2016, 9:12 p.m.

It's amazing what makes the difference. I don't think I'd be comfortable with any bike that doesn't have Shimano pedals and a handlebar and stem that are basically the same dimensions as mine plus the right grips.

If you like niner wheels, I bet that's what it is. Personally I'm done with other wheels unless it's a BMX.

edit: and tires. Gotta have the right tires to properly evaluate a bike.

Feb. 3, 2016, 9:43 p.m.

I read a quote somewhere once that sums up every bike I've ever owned. 'You don't truly love or hate your bike until you've owned it for 6 months'.

Feb. 3, 2016, 10:50 p.m.

i built mine from the ground up. took long enough - i've had the frame since october? - and i like the way it turned out… just not the way it rides

I felt exactly the same way about my Kona Honzo that I built up last year. It fit well, looked greatl and had a sweet build kit but it was never the bike that I wanted to grab for any ride except tooling around with my kids. I've moved on since then.

Feb. 4, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

It's amazing what makes the difference. I don't think I'd be comfortable with any bike that doesn't have Shimano pedals and a handlebar and stem that are basically the same dimensions as mine plus the right grips.

If you like niner wheels, I bet that's what it is. Personally I'm done with other wheels unless it's a BMX.

edit: and tires. Gotta have the right tires to properly evaluate a bike.

I'm so picky that if the grips aren't something I would use, it throws me off. Or, if someone has their bars rolled back it makes me want to ghost ride the bike off a cliff.

I read a quote somewhere once that sums up every bike I've ever owned. 'You don't truly love or hate your bike until you've owned it for 6 months'.

I'm more like, if I don't feel comfy on the first couple of rides, I probably never will.

Feb. 4, 2016, 11:58 a.m.

Or, if someone has their bars rolled back it makes me want to ghost ride the bike off a cliff.

That is the worst. It says the rider has no clue how to set up a bike.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 4, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

That is the worst. It says the rider has no clue how to set up a bike.

or it's rolled forward and brake levers are perpendicular to the ground

Feb. 4, 2016, 2:44 p.m.

Rolled forward is what throws me. I took a demo Transition Smuggler down Ladies with bars rolled forward and thought I was going to lawndart. I finally pulled over and got out the Allen key, and the bike came to life.

Feb. 4, 2016, 3:51 p.m.

Here's my current build , quiver killer
gt team frame distortion , low ,slack and playful
26rear -650b front in 2x9 DUAL oval chainring flavour

Feb. 4, 2016, 4:25 p.m.

Here's my current build , quiver killer
gt team frame distortion , low ,slack and playful..

sweet ride of the day

B6er in 2x9 DUAL oval flavour

eh?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 4, 2016, 5:21 p.m.

@boomforreal
B6er is 26 rear wheel and a 650 front in a 26 Er fork(fox36)
I'm running 11-34 and 21-36 front rings that are both oval.
They are rare around here. They are called "DOVAL" brand I got them online , the 36 is adjustable like q rotors.
I've been using them for a while they work really well just take a bit to get them shifting nicely but once it's done it's great.
I'm using xo shifters with x9 med derailleur, very reliable system. Been running them for 2 years now.
The frame is a gt distortion slope style 4 x frame. 115mm rear and 140 front.
Makes for a killer fun enduro /trail style bike .

Feb. 4, 2016, 5:39 p.m.

Just ordered one of these today :D Stoked!

Feb. 4, 2016, 6:35 p.m.

Just ordered one of these today :D Stoked!

Very nice!