NSMB- 2016 - Mountain Bike Tread (Full Suspension)

Jan. 6, 2016, 4:47 p.m.

The wheels I have on there are super light (1599g) and have taken a beating over 2015 but are still rolling true.

still with the KOMs? glad to hear they're holding up. i just built a set, haven't had them out yet; equal parts eager and anxious

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 6, 2016, 4:51 p.m.

I would have guessed that Banshee was lighter with that build. I'm not sure why you guys are thinking its heavier.

My Adhoc last year was 29.5lbs with an air shock and a heavy fork, a hair over 30 with a coil shock. I have a new Adhoc frame and will be using a Mattoc and new 33mm Nobl wheels, so maybe it will be around 27lbs and change. Scale shot once its built.

Jan. 6, 2016, 6:15 p.m.

I would have guessed that Banshee was lighter with that build. I'm not sure why you guys are thinking its heavier.

My Adhoc last year was 29.5lbs with an air shock and a heavy fork, a hair over 30 with a coil shock. I have a new Adhoc frame and will be using a Mattoc and new 33mm Nobl wheels, so maybe it will be around 27lbs and change. Scale shot once its built.

Will need scale shot for that claim. [HTML_REMOVED]#128521;

Jan. 7, 2016, 6:44 a.m.

Thus far, my Rune is the longest travel bike in the thread. Any other 6x6 bikes?

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 7, 2016, 10:39 a.m.

Mine is still a few months away… but I promise it will be stellar!

Jan. 7, 2016, 10:55 a.m.

just picked up a used adhoc (thanks for the consult; hope it doesn't suck!). not a light thing at 31# out of the box (size large, standard xo build / pike / flows, etc). though it's got tubes in there currently, and a couple lighter cockpit bits will be swapped in. not too concerned, regardless. hitting 27 on that frame would be a mean feat, methinks.

Jan. 7, 2016, 11 a.m.

still with the KOMs? glad to hear they're holding up. i just built a set, haven't had them out yet; equal parts eager and anxious

my koms held up the season surprisingly well. still straight, one rear dent (seals fine). impressive strength to weight. the wheelset was 1610g with gorilla tape [HTML_REMOVED] valves installed - enve-esque weight at about 1/5th the price.

Jan. 7, 2016, 12:43 p.m.

just picked up a used adhoc (thanks for the consult; hope it doesn't suck!). not a light thing at 31# out of the box (size large, standard xo build / pike / flows, etc). though it's got tubes in there currently, and a couple lighter cockpit bits will be swapped in. not too concerned, regardless. hitting 27 on that frame would be a mean feat, methinks.

You've seen my build: aluminum everything, mid weight wheels, 5lb fork, coil shock (ti, but still), aluminum cranks, and no real efforts to drop weight, and it was 30.2lbs if I remember correctly.

Stock they come in at 28ish lbs as far as I'm told. The Pike is about a pound lighter than the Metric I had on there, the Flows are a little heavier than mine were. I think a medium frame is 7lbs with an air shock, so its not a heavy bike. I'm not sure how yours can be 31?

Like I said, I'm dropping a pound by switching the fork and the new wheelset should be quite a bit lighter. I think high 27's/low 28's is easily doable.

Jan. 7, 2016, 1:24 p.m.

might be heavy tubes in there. haven't done forensics yet. the new frame has a bit of additional weight with the boxed in pivot as well.

Jan. 7, 2016, 8:28 p.m.

This Xprezo talks leads nicely (or not) into……this:

I can confirm that it has wheels and it weighs something.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 7, 2016, 9:02 p.m.

I have two bikes that Im riding these days. I bought both new and Specialized has been great when Ive needed support - so far. The Enduro is currently down for the count but hopefully will be back out there soon!

2011 SWorks Epic 26er. 26ers are far from dead. This thing climbs like a scalded cat. Doesnt do well in the steep or Gnarly DH stuff, but it isnt meant to. Light as F. I think that its 19lbs tubeless (which is how I ride it).

2014 SWorks Enduro 29er. Was looking for a bike that was close to a DH rig but that I could pedal up BLT or Seymour, or wherever. Doesnt climb like the Epic, but works well for me with gravity comes into play. I feel that it rides tighter than a typical 29er.

Jan. 7, 2016, 9:05 p.m.

This Xprezo talks leads nicely (or not) into……this:

I can confirm that it has wheels and it weighs something.

Vintagey! Is this your daily driver?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 7, 2016, 10:03 p.m.

Vintagey! Is this your daily driver?

This and my Whishart hardtail. I've yet to ride this with the White Brothers fork though (picked it up NOS the other day). Was super fun with a Manitou Nixon with the same axle to crown though. The WB fork looks much better than the Nixon which is clearly waaaaaaay more important than stuff like performance.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 7, 2016, 10:24 p.m.

Thus far, my Rune is the longest travel bike in the thread. Any other 6x6 bikes?

I would bet that my bike has the least (non-hardtail) travel.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

Jan. 8, 2016, 12:27 a.m.

My current ride, it's just about to flip this bad boy. Time for something new, and I have a few projects in the pipe right now. Also, less colour.

Frame: 2015/16 Knolly Endorphin. Large Blue
Shock: Fox Float DPS, Evol Can, Stock Knolly custom tune
Headset: Cane Creek 110 with Cane Creek blue spacers
Fork: Fox 34 Float 150mm Fit4
Stem: Race Face Turbine 35 60mm
Bar: RF SixC Blue. I originally had the Next SL and loved their flex pattern for this bike but I needed the width at 6"11/2' and after I shortened the stem from 70mm
Grips: Chromag Basis. Yellow
Seatpost: KS Lev Integra w/ southpaw
Seat: Chromag Lynx DT yellow
Seat post clamp : Chromag QR
Shifter: Sram XO1
Derailleur: Sram XO1
Cassette: Sram XG1195
Chain: Cram XX1
Cranks: Race Face Next SL 175mm 32t DM right
Chainguide: none
Wheels: Industry Nine Carbon Trail 24 rims on Torch hubs
Tires: F - Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3 / EXO/ TR / 3C, R - Maxxis Minion SS 2.3 EXO / TR / 3C
Brakes: Sram Guide RSC 200/180
Pedals: Chromag Scarab blk
Weight - not sure.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada: