NSMB- 2016 - Mountain Bike Tread (Full Suspension)

Jan. 12, 2016, 5:50 p.m.

Riding this for another year. 2015 Canfield Balance. Just upgraded to the 3 piece link today, seems considerably stiffer now.

Pike
Cane Creek
Maguras
Stans wheels
KS Lev
Sixc everything else.

Jan. 12, 2016, 6:21 p.m.

Riding this for another year. 2015 Canfield Balance. Just upgraded to the 3 piece link today, seems considerably stiffer now.

The champ got his a couple weeks ago and siad the same thing, way stiffer. Props to Canfield for making a good thing better.

Jan. 12, 2016, 6:25 p.m.

2014 xprezo ad hoc built with a mix of new and used components

perry, you would know: is it possible to run a slackset on one of these things?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 12, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

The champ got his a couple weeks ago and siad the same thing, way stiffer. Props to Canfield for making a good thing better.

He actually grabbed mine for me. Huge props to them. Wasn't really necessary for them to do, especially on a bike they don't make anymore. Love those guys.

Jan. 12, 2016, 8:58 p.m.

2014 xprezo ad hoc built with a mix of new and used components

perry, you would know: is it possible to run a slackset on one of these things?

No stealth routing?

Shed head!

Jan. 12, 2016, 9:39 p.m.

No stealth routing?

no stealth post

the current one only has 100mm of drop though - if that proves to be insufficient, i may pony up for a stealth number. what are my options for a cable actuated stealth dropper post?

the frame's got internal housing galore which was initially a turn off but ended up being super easy to set up

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 13, 2016, 5:46 a.m.

another local adhoc? time to sell mine, dammit.

currently no offset headset solutions for these, no. works components has a lower cup for a canyon fitment that would work with the 52mm integrated bottom headtube seat (uses an external bearing shallow insert press in cup in place of the drop in bearing, so would also raise the front about 1/2"), but they have nothing that fits the 42mm top. conceivably one could build an external cup, but it would be custom.

cool bike though, huh? interesting build details. kinda idiosyncratic; a bit retro. some of the micro sized hardware is a pain, though. 3mm a/k for the shock bolts [HTML_REMOVED] 4mm for the main pivot is silly. i've already changed a couple to more appropriate sizes.

also - not sure what levy was on about in his pb review re: crappy climbing ability. seems fine to me. shrug.

and - mine came with a dpa pike (140/160mm). never had any previous interest in travel adjust, but it works quite well for hunkering down on steep / tech climbs. neat.

Jan. 13, 2016, 7:17 a.m.

no stealth post

…..what are my options for a cable actuated stealth dropper post?….

KS Lev
Giant Contact Switch
RF Turbine
Pretty much every brand and Rock Shox

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 13, 2016, 7:57 a.m.

another local adhoc? time to sell mine, dammit.

currently no offset headset solutions for these, no. works components has a lower cup for a canyon fitment that would work with the 52mm integrated bottom headtube seat (uses an external bearing shallow insert press in cup in place of the drop in bearing, so would also raise the front about 1/2"), but they have nothing that fits the 42mm top. conceivably one could build an external cup, but it would be custom.

cool bike though, huh? interesting build details. kinda idiosyncratic; a bit retro. some of the micro sized hardware is a pain, though. 3mm a/k for the shock bolts [HTML_REMOVED] 4mm for the main pivot is silly. i've already changed a couple to more appropriate sizes.

also - not sure what levy was on about in his pb review re: crappy climbing ability. seems fine to me. shrug.

and - mine came with a dpa pike (140/160mm). never had any previous interest in travel adjust, but it works quite well for hunkering down on steep / tech climbs. neat.

Two years on my hardware without any issues :)

Jan. 13, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

the bolts themselves were structurally fine, just the allen key sockets that got rounded out. granted, this was on a used frame with untold hamfistery, but still, 3mm a/k??

going to toss in fresh bearings everywhere; i'm assuming there's no special secrets to the process? standard press in applications?

Jan. 13, 2016, 8:42 a.m.

Yup really easy. And the good thing is that the linkage bearings are the same size as 10mm longboard bearings. I'm actually running Bear LB bearings which are not only cheap ($18) but much better quality than Enduro bearings. The main pivot bearings are larger but a really common size.

I'm also using RWC shock eyelet needle bearings which are a gift straight from Jesus.

Jan. 13, 2016, 10:23 a.m.

My Weapon of Choice, soon to possibly morph into Carbon.
Smaller travel Endorphin being built up as I type

Currently at 31 lbs ; however I will be replacing the CC DBAir with a Fox Float X Evol and changing cranks to Race Face Next…so I should sit at 30 lbs even afterwards.

Jan. 13, 2016, 3:51 p.m.

My Weapon of Choice, soon to possibly morph into Carbon.
Smaller travel Endorphin being built up as I type

Currently at 31 lbs ; however I will be replacing the CC DBAir with a Fox Float X Evol and changing cranks to Race Face Next…so I should sit at 30 lbs even afterwards.

Nice. Contemplating the carbon Warden for a possible frame this season.

Jan. 13, 2016, 5:39 p.m.

TMACk

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Jan. 14, 2016, 8:07 a.m.

nice

glad to see women specific bikes are finally up to your standards ;)

Yup… Liv got the right idea, this isn't "pinked and shrinked" it's a sweet bike with an equally as sweet build kit out of the box! and for someone of my erm… short stature, it fits me really well!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding