NSMB- 2016 - Mountain Bike Tread (Full Suspension)

March 18, 2016, 11:10 a.m.

Looks like the seat is out over the rear axle.

Great looking bikes thou.

March 18, 2016, 11:16 a.m.

Wreckoning.
I got it from Fanatik. They helped me do a shock upgrade. The exchange rate was eye-watering but there wasn't really another bike in the running. I was waiting for Devinci, YT or SC to produce a competitor but none delivered.

Yeah bike companies really missed the mark this year. The recent Devinci release had me hoping for a long travel 29 but instead it's a short travel 650b. Kind of went the other way there haha. Seems like the only real options are Evil and Specialized for carbon. The Canfield Riot is a sick bike but the exchange isnt doing them any favours this season. I suspect the new yt will be an aggressive 29 but who knows. As for the Trek Remedy or 'Shremedy', it's a sick bike but you can't buy it. Thanks bike industry.

March 18, 2016, 11:20 a.m.

Looks like the seat is out over the rear axle.

Great looking bikes thou.

No more than with my Enduro. I'll probably end up taking some measures to steepen that up further. Maybe drop my fork or a Talas cartridge.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 18, 2016, 12:51 p.m.

Yeah bike companies really missed the mark this year. The recent Devinci release had me hoping for a long travel 29 but instead it's a short travel 650b. Kind of went the other way there haha. Seems like the only real options are Evil and Specialized for carbon. The Canfield Riot is a sick bike but the exchange isnt doing them any favours this season. I suspect the new yt will be an aggressive 29 but who knows. As for the Trek Remedy or 'Shremedy', it's a sick bike but you can't buy it. Thanks bike industry.

fingers crossed Kona does a long travel 29er oneday with the success of the Process line-up I think it would be a killer ride

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 18, 2016, 2:30 p.m.

fingers crossed Kona does a long travel 29er oneday with the success of the Process line-up I think it would be a killer ride

Yeah the process 111 was ahead of its time but now it's way behind. 68 head angle and 120mm fork is just not acceptable anymore. It may work great but the new bikes work better.

March 18, 2016, 7:06 p.m.

The geo and travel would be fine if it wasn't a boat anchor.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 18, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

Say what you will and all of that rings true but Kona's have the nicest welding bar none of any product you'll see in a bike store.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 18, 2016, 8:43 p.m.

Long travel 29er, Banshee Prime. I ride this everywhere I used to ride my dh rig.

March 18, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

Long travel 29er, Banshee Prime. I ride this everywhere I used to ride my dh rig.

Yeah that's another one, I knew I was forgetting someone!

March 18, 2016, 10:58 p.m.

I plugged my nose when I got my 2016 Processes when it came to the talked about weight, coming from carbon bikes for years (Ibis, yeti, SC). Until I weighed my 153 with the components swapped over from my Nomad. 0.75lb heavier, BFD. The 2016's lost a fair bit of weight with a new seat tube and chain stay situation.

…and a 140 Pike on the 111 kicks ass. Still not miles behind the new guys. The internets might care about the Process being washed up. So how much are the new Carbon wonder frames costing now? I bought two frames and a fork for the price on a new carbon wonder sled. That evil is a wonderful looking bike. I really want to have a spin on the Following!

I think they ride well and are really fun and capable. I'm a decently quick rider, but unlike a couple guys here I don't have sensors in my ass and a tape measure in my pocket :nerd:

March 18, 2016, 11:11 p.m.

Craw, put up some deets or maybe a separate thread about the new rig, that's an especially unique bike. how does it compare to the E29 so far? you would probably be one of few in a position to comment with any authority on bikes in this niche.

March 18, 2016, 11:19 p.m.

The only bad thing about our new bike The Wreckoning, is when you write to tell your friends and family about how it’s changed your life, your spell-check will change the spelling to Reckoning.
When we created The Following we never expected it to be quite as magic as it was. Much like the folk who first boiled malt sugar and hops and added yeast. If The Following is the quiet kid in class who turns out to be way better than everyone at everything, then the Wreckoning is his older brother who punches holes in walls with a smile on his face.
The bike is a weapon, pure and simple. The first time I rode it I couldn’t drive home after – I felt like I was drunk and high. If you think a 161mm travel bike can’t pedal up hills you’re wrong. If you think a 161mm 29er can’t handle a DH track, you’re wrong.
In fact whatever you think, you’re probably wrong. In the same way the Black Death kicked off the Renaissance in 14th Century Italy, The Following and now The Wreckoning are starting one now.

that's some beautiful fucking hype. :rocker:

March 19, 2016, 7:32 a.m.

Craw, put up some deets or maybe a separate thread about the new rig, that's an especially unique bike. how does it compare to the E29 so far? you would probably be one of few in a position to comment with any authority on bikes in this niche.

Good Wreckomendation. Will do that this weekend. Rerail this thread.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 19, 2016, 7:37 a.m.

Is that a Wreckoning? I am interested in getting a Following, but am having a hard time swallowing the exchange rate and possible duty right now as I cant find any Canadian dealers. Did you get yours from Fanatik, or is there a better way?

No Canadian distribution system is the problem. I inquired about becoming an Evil dealer a few months back and they said they were looking for a Canadian distributor. Based on their track record and website updates we should see this well before the end of the decade. :-)

March 19, 2016, 8:02 a.m.

No Canadian distribution system is the problem. I inquired about becoming an Evil dealer a few months back and they said they were looking for a Canadian distributor. Based on their track record and website updates we should see this well before the end of the decade. :-)

Direct sales is the way to go. Avoid Canadian distribution at all costs.