TRAITOR!
:speakenglish:

:P

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 22, 2016, 4:57 p.m.

TRAITOR!
:speakenglish:

:P

Hey, at least I was right about the King headset!

PS: bike would not include King headset.

flickr

Nov. 23, 2016, 9:52 a.m.

Hey, at least I was right about the King headset!

PS: bike would not include King headset.

What is the King headset going into? You still fatbiking it in the middle of nowhere? (Which, by the way, sounds like a great way to exist especially now with a full fledged nazi in power south of the border.)

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 28, 2016, 5:17 p.m.

Picking up a NS Eccentric from a local, great deal.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/ns-bikes-eccentric-frame-2014/rp-prod110729

Headtube is ZS44/44. same as the Surge I have. I recall a while ago there being a discussion on these type of headtubes. I believe it was DrewM who mentioned one could run a 1.5 straight steer tube on it. Can't recall what he said to do for the upper headset cup.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 3, 2016, 4:09 p.m.

I just finished putting this together. Hopefully I'll get out and test ride it tomorrow!

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Dec. 3, 2016, 5:40 p.m.

^^^ Bike looks awesome! What is it? Wheel size? Looks like a 26er and old lyrik,but I can't tell anymore with all these fancy bikes and wheel sizes. What's that thing at the bottom of the seat tube? Some kind of front shifting gizmo:???:

Dec. 3, 2016, 5:54 p.m.

^^^ Bike looks awesome! What is it? Wheel size? Looks like a 26er and old lyrik,but I can't tell anymore with all these fancy bikes and wheel sizes. What's that thing at the bottom of the seat tube? Some kind of front shifting gizmo:???:

26", 2x, 9spd, no fun.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Dec. 3, 2016, 6:20 p.m.

26", 2x, 9spd, no fun.

I heard that 26 inch wheels are the leading cause of male pattern baldness.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 3, 2016, 8:06 p.m.

I heard that 26 inch wheels are the leading cause of male pattern baldness.

And impotence.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Dec. 7, 2016, 6:26 p.m.

Back in 2006 a guy in Rochester and I were moderators on Pinkbike. At the time I was in college and racing NORBA on a single speed with aspirations to go pro after college graduation. I had some strong finishes in 2005 and 2006 was looking like it would be my time to shine. John Frame (Draco) was welding frames in a friend's warehouse and he offered to set something special up for me. We debated geometry, wheel size, and fork travel for a while, but the plan was always a mix of carbon fiber and high-end steel.

The result was the frame below. We went 26" as I had a nice wheelset I wanted to use and I was already running a 29er and 27.5" didn't exist. We copied the old Bontrager geometry, but lengthened the TT and slackened the head angle by a degree or two. Kept the travel old school and it was built around 80-100mm. John also got the rear end super short (though the tire clearance suffered significantly). With True Temper Ox-Platinum tubes and some carbon seat stays the frame finished up at 3.9lbs.

Unfortunately I overdid it the winter of '06 and, after 3 months of training I ended up in the ER one weekend with strep and bronchitis and an order to stay in bed for a few weeks. I raced Sea Otter that year, but didn't finish and with graduation from college looming I put away dreams of making it back to nationals that year. The bike made it with me on my move out to Rochester, NY where John and I were roommates for a year. The parts on the original build got sold to pay our heating bill and after I moved back west the frame ended up in a New York basement for 10 years.

Well, I finally got the frame back this summer and spent a few weeks searching out parts for it. It is a mix of throw-back and modern with a Z.2 BAM, Formula Oro Blanco Branks, Hope Pro II Hubs on Stans Flow Rims, XT/SLX 1x10, Chromag Saddle, Straitline AMP pedals, and moderately wide handlebars. All said and done it is a hair under 24lbs. The geometry is pleasantly modern, but not so slack that it is boring to ride. It is nimble and fast with a front center that is long enough to stay stable when things get fast. The rear end won't accept anything bigger than a 2.0" tire, which is my one complaint. Otherwise it has been a blast to rip around on these last 3 months.

Anyhow, here are some photos of the thing.

Dec. 7, 2016, 11:56 p.m.

Seat/mono stay DeKerfish. Gives us a close up.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 8, 2016, 4 a.m.

I remember the Draco!
Always wondered what happened with the company…

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Dec. 8, 2016, 7:45 a.m.

I remember the Draco!
Always wondered what happened with the company…

He got into high end cars and now runs his own company, Roc Euro. By all reports shenanigans continue, just with slightly more expensive toys.

https://www.instagram.com/roc_euro/

The seat stay was definitely Derkerf inspired. I believe they are stainless steel lugs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF2rdszsSKG/

Dec. 27, 2016, 7:43 p.m.

New to me NS Eccentric frame.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 28, 2016, 10:02 a.m.

What's up with those stanchions?