NSMB - 2016 – Downhill / Free-Ride Bike Thread

Jan. 4, 2016, 4:55 p.m.

This thread is dedicated to the Downhill / Free-Ride Bike.

Use this thread to post up your Downhill / Free-Ride Bike and discuss away.

Feel free to share some details on your set-up, weight or whatever makes it special to you.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 4, 2016, 4:57 p.m.

Banshee Legend

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 4, 2016, 8:58 p.m.

Didn't touch dirt all year. Much cleaner for 2016 as I cleaned it from 2014's remaining dirt.

Shed head!

Jan. 5, 2016, 1:57 a.m.

Interesting timing, as I plan to rebuild a bike that could be considered 'retro' the next months.

Not sure if I go the Park only route (read…Banshee Scream) or the more-or-less pedally Mini-DH bike route with single crown (read….Cove STD).

I could never bring myself to selling the frames, and they are still in very good condition, so I thought 'Why not'?

Got a year of not having to work in front of me….July 2016 to September 2017, and never been to the parks in the Alps.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 7, 2016, 11:44 a.m.

If you come over, shoot me a message, I live in southern Germany (2 hour drive to the Alps) and I have six weeks of vacation in the summer, have been biking here for the last 15 years and know my way around - and I will be road tripping all good riding in Europe :clap:

I spent last summer in BC and had loads of help and guiding from local bikers, so I´d be happy to repay some Karma…

Jan. 7, 2016, 12:27 p.m.

crickets. my dh bike didn't see dirt this year either. gonna hold onto it, regardless. one day the itch may present itself.

Jan. 8, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Crappy pic at night but you get the idea. 2012 Giant Glory with Marz 888 and Rocco coil shock. Bought it used for cheap last spring and added Zee brakes. Much more fun than trashing my trail bike in the bike park, I think I put 16 days on it last summer. Hoping SuspensionWerx can service the suspension then I'll ride it this summer and sell in the fall to get something a bit more modern.

Wheelbase on this bike is about 45.5 inches vs. 48 on the new one, looks super short in this pic! Not sure what the reach measures out to.

Jan. 12, 2016, 12:05 a.m.

Starting to have second thoughts about selling this thing… Antique but I'm still a little weary of spending money on building up a more "modern" DH/Park bike from scratch. Got it down to 38lbs this year and there's definitely more room for improvement on that front. I clocked in over 25 days in the park so I'm definitely going to need a park machine one way or another.

:japan: