NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

March 14, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

One ride so far, already in love! The colour is amazing too!!!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

March 15, 2015, 8:22 a.m.

Random question. What's the deal with the white 'Maxxis' lettering on your tires?

Nice ride, by the way.

March 15, 2015, 8:35 a.m.

Random question. What's the deal with the white 'Maxxis' lettering on your tires?

Nice ride, by the way.

Maxxis offer white logos for OEM tires, while their tires you'd buy in the store have the yellow logo. My Kona came with white logo'd tires. I wish they'd get rid of the yellow or offer both logo options for retail purchases…

Ride, don't slide.

March 15, 2015, 10:02 a.m.

Maxxis offer white logos for OEM tires, whiles their tires you'd buy in the store have the yellow logo. My Kona came with white logo'd tires. I wish they'd dump the yellow or offer the white tires for aftermarket purchases…

Or offer both as retail options would be nice

March 15, 2015, 12:44 p.m.

Or offer both as retail options would be nice

Yeah, that's what I meant. Edited my other post.

Ride, don't slide.

March 15, 2015, 4:36 p.m.

One ride so far, already in love! The colour is amazing too!!!

Nice Reign!!

How does it climb on the trail?? Currently looking at both the Trance SX and the Reign.

March 15, 2015, 5:20 p.m.

Thanks for the answer on the Maxxis color. I agree an option would be nice.

Here's my HD3 (sorry for the rack shot):

March 15, 2015, 6:32 p.m.

Maxxis offer white logos for OEM tires, while their tires you'd buy in the store have the yellow logo. My Kona came with white logo'd tires. I wish they'd get rid of the yellow or offer both logo options for retail purchases…

my Kona came with yellow logos and my kids are white , mine are also 26" while his are 27.5"

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 15, 2015, 7:50 p.m.

Here are a couple of pics of my new Enduro 29. These are probably the last pictures I'll have of it clean. Cornering traction is amazing and the pike/cc inline combo is spot on.

Couple of changes from stock.
Reverb Stealth
Raceface next cranks
Raceface sixc bars, atlas stem (both 35mm)
(the obnoxious bottle cage is soon be replaced with an all black version)

As mentioned by several others I am very curious to see how these wheels stand up over time.

March 16, 2015, 9:20 a.m.

Nice Reign!!

How does it climb on the trail?? Currently looking at both the Trance SX and the Reign.

I was honestly surprised, it climbed pretty good, mind you, I'll have more of an opinion when I spend more time on the bike and do longer rides, but the small amount of technical climbing I did it wasn't sluggish and I had no issue maneuvering it over the various roots and rocks

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

March 17, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

I have a little something cooking for this thread. My old Bandit needed to be freshened up. I considered a new bike, who doesn't, but the little Bandit has been so much fun I honestly can't want for more! So I stripped it down, some fresh powdercoat, bearings, new springy bits, and some of this and that.

Before:

It's seen a few years of use since that photo and was getting a bit tired. Here it is pre-rebuild

Here we are in mid-rebuild. I'm loving the stealth build. Some say trendy but my last 3 builds going back to 2005 have all been black on black.

I'm still waiting for a few parts, going 1x10 with a 42 tooth ring and going Shimano drivetrain for the first time in as long as I can remember. I'll hopefully get it done by the weekend.

March 18, 2015, 9:06 a.m.

Here are a couple of pics of my new Enduro 29. These are probably the last pictures I'll have of it clean. Cornering traction is amazing and the pike/cc inline combo is spot on.

Couple of changes from stock.
Reverb Stealth
Raceface next cranks
Raceface sixc bars, atlas stem (both 35mm)
(the obnoxious bottle cage is soon be replaced with an all black version)

As mentioned by several others I am very curious to see how these wheels stand up over time.

That is super nice. What does it weigh as set up?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 18, 2015, 9:47 a.m.

I'm loving the stealth build.

looks good dave. is that matte black? who did you get to powdercoat it?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 18, 2015, 10:05 a.m.

Looks really nice, curious on the cost of something like that if you don't mind.

March 18, 2015, 10:19 a.m.

Looks really nice, curious on the cost of something like that if you don't mind.

It is matte black, I got it done at Rainbow Powdercoating in Coquitlam. Cost for the stripping and powdercoating of the frame pieces and a tired looking set of XT cranks was $195. I dropped it off on a Monday and picked it up the following Thursday. Nice job, he masks all the bearing cups and holes. He has a lot of experience doing bikes.