NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

March 5, 2015, 12:51 p.m.

Where in K town was that taken from what is that bump in the background ever get snake bites from in the tall grass and I don't mean your inner tubes either…..

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 5, 2015, 1:14 p.m.

Where in K town was that taken from what is that bump in the background ever get snake bites from in the tall grass and I don't mean your inner tubes either…..

Say what???

Maybe punctuation would help?

March 5, 2015, 1:30 p.m.

North end of Knox. No snake holes in that are I've ever seen but its not inconceivable.

Only rattlers I've seen out here were at Kal park in Vernon, which actually seems pretty north for them.

March 5, 2015, 3:22 p.m.

We have rattlers here in Kamloops, as well as rather large Bull snakes in the Bike Ranch. Almost ran one over on the bmx track a few years back.

March 5, 2015, 4:42 p.m.

We have rattlers here in Kamloops, as well as rather large Bull snakes in the Bike Ranch. Almost ran one over on the bmx track a few years back.

The more you know, I always assumed you didn't get snakes in Canada!

March 5, 2015, 4:48 p.m.

The more you know, I always assumed you didn't get snakes in Canada!

All the rest of BC snake maps here:
http://www.bcreptiles.ca/snakemaps.htm

Yes, even Fernie has snakes.

March 5, 2015, 6:25 p.m.

![]([HTML_REMOVED]

A few upgrades to the trail bike for this year. Couple more coming that'll hopefully put it in the low 26lb range.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 9, 2015, 12:30 a.m.

Shot of my nomad from pemby today. Typical X01 build, but I've swapped out to NOBL wheels on i9 hubs, saints, 203mm front rotor, 35mm stem.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

March 9, 2015, 2:49 a.m.

Dutch, that is sweet bike in front of an even sweeter mountain.

If you like the WTB Rocket(?) angled that way, you might enjoy the 66sick Espacio Libre saddle.

It is a special shape and looks great. I used to angle my saddles like yours to save myself from numbness. But the 66sick remedied that and I can ride that thing level.

http://www.66sick.de/produkte/fahrradsattel/enduro-sattel-espacio-libre.html

March 9, 2015, 12:01 p.m.

Update on my Syntace carbon bars:

They kind of transformed my bike.
I liked the stock Spesh 750mm bars. Those were regular alloy mid-rise bars with a good shape. Didn´t think a lot about them, I mean they are a rather simple piece of metal…

But after getting used to the 780mm width and playing around a bit with angle of the 35mm high-rise Syntace Vector, I am absolutely sold. I rode some chunky trails I ride regularly and can compare the feel (only change to the bike were the bars) and I have absolutely NO armpump on segments I had armpump with the alloy bars. My arms are in better shape as I worked out a lot during winter, but still - there is really a notiecably difference. Wouldn´t have thought so. Bought the carbon bars for the bling and their 35mm rise. Had too many spacers on there before.

They feel stiff while riding and the extra width really inspires safety at high speeds and I can throw the bike around quite nice and they seem to really improve the feel. A lot less vibrations. All in all, great update.

Now that my Elixir Trails are starting to crap out, I ordered f+r 203mm Saints, X01 chaingring, chain and cassette (works great, but is shot after a lot of riding and many kilometers) and new tires. Rear wheel is dinged up, but works for now, broken spoke (spot it in the pic?) is replaced, will see if it holds up.

And in August I´ll try to ride that thing all over Vancouver, the Nortshore and Whistler - I am so super stoked for this trip :damn:

March 9, 2015, 3:23 p.m.

Got her on a scale today, 26lbs 5oz

March 9, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

With the dropper and air shock, and everything else the same, my bike is 30lbs, 5oz. I consider that pretty good considering the fork is 5lbs and the bike has a steel rear end. It gains about 8oz with a coil shock with ti spring.

New bearings, hardware, drivetrain, fresh rebuilds on all the uppy/downy bits, new wheel builds from last year.

March 9, 2015, 5:05 p.m.

Dutch, that is sweet bike in front of an even sweeter mountain.

If you like the WTB Rocket(?) angled that way, you might enjoy the 66sick Espacio Libre saddle.

It is a special shape and looks great. I used to angle my saddles like yours to save myself from numbness. But the 66sick remedied that and I can ride that thing level.

http://www.66sick.de/produkte/fahrradsattel/enduro-sattel-espacio-libre.html

where did you order yours from? looks like a comfy saddle. My current raceface is not making my arse happy…

March 9, 2015, 5:19 p.m.

that Adhoc is quite light considering the build. super unique bike. how is that metric?

Rocky's are the lightest AM bikes out there it seems. i'm always surprised that there are so many 27lb and less.

March 9, 2015, 7:23 p.m.

that Adhoc is quite light considering the build. super unique bike. how is that metric?

Rocky's are the lightest AM bikes out there it seems. i'm always surprised that there are so many 27lb and less.

Wonder if it's the bushings?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman