NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

Feb. 3, 2015, 12:42 p.m.

Ah, cool.

Thanks for clearing that up kperras!

Feb. 4, 2015, 5:09 a.m.

First new bike since I was 15, looking forward to this season! Only change is that I ditched the front derraileur for a 32t RF ring and trimmed the roller from the guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb. 4, 2015, 9:48 a.m.

^^^^
Very Nice

Feb. 4, 2015, 6:23 p.m.

I rebuilt my Rune this winter.

Race Face Turbine cranks (30T), full XO1 drivetrain, Guide brakes, WTB KOM rims with Revolution spokes and X0 hubs

It feels like a brand new bike.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 4, 2015, 7:57 p.m.

I rebuilt my Rune this winter.

Race Face Turbine cranks (30T), full XO1 drivetrain, Guide brakes, WTB KOM rims with Revolution spokes and X0 hubs

It feels like a brand new bike.

I like the changes. Beats buying a new bike when you have a great frame and good suspension.

Shed head!

Feb. 4, 2015, 10:58 p.m.

It's not the weight weenie thread but c'mon….weight?

Feb. 5, 2015, 8:07 a.m.

It's not the weight weenie thread but c'mon….weight?

I have neglected to throw it on a scale.

I don't think my net weight will have changed much with the new parts. The Guide brakes are not what I would call light, but my god are they good. POWER and CONTROL!!! Plus I put a chain guide on to protect the chainring. I have bent too many crank arm spiders to just leave the chainring hanging out there unprotected.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 5, 2015, 3:51 p.m.

DeanW

How's the Manitou suspension treating you? Don't see much of that around anymore. I still have an old Travis from years ago. Was a good fork.

Feb. 5, 2015, 6:29 p.m.

You are going to love the Mattoc. I've had mine for a while now and it's amazing. The low speed compression switch is really useful when climbing and easy to use on the fly.

Good to hear more positive reviews about the Mattoc. I was a huge fan of the older Dorado. Do you have any set up and service tips? Did you modify your own tools to service it or purchase them from Manitou?

Your bike looks great, they always do!

Feb. 6, 2015, 3:06 p.m.

Mine…really happy with the Newmad and the wheels..

Feb. 6, 2015, 3:20 p.m.

Mine…really happy with the Newmad and the wheels..

Noice!

Feb. 6, 2015, 8:10 p.m.

2014 Attack Trail. So I ordered a Transition Smuggler back in November, truckers dispute made that order an exercise in patience that I could not deal with. Bought this bike as a temporary replacement. Now that I've ridden it and have grown attached I can honestly say I love this bike and have decided to keep it. Just got it built up with some new matching carbon bits from Race Face (sixc cranks and 35mm bar, turbine stem) and my personal 5iveindustries offset bushings. My final wish is for a 150mm seatpost and I'll be one happy camper. I never thought I would see the day I would be riding a Marin but now that I'm more familiar with the company, I'm stoked.

Feb. 6, 2015, 8:17 p.m.

2014 Attack Trail. So I ordered a Transition Smuggler back in November, truckers dispute made that order an exercise in patience that I could not deal with. Bought this bike as a temporary replacement. Now that I've ridden it and have grown attached I can honestly say I love this bike and have decided to keep it. Just got it built up with some new matching carbon bits from Race Face (sixc cranks and 35mm bar, turbine stem) and my personal 5iveindustries offset bushings. My final wish is for a 150mm seatpost and I'll be one happy camper. I never thought I would see the day I would be riding a Marin but now that I'm more familiar with the company, I'm stoked.

Nice looking ride! That tops any Transition IMO.

Feb. 6, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

Nice looking ride! That tops any Transition IMO.

Ha thanks! Yeah things have a way of working out sometimes.

Feb. 6, 2015, 8:46 p.m.