NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

Jan. 6, 2015, 3:37 p.m.

Love the looks of that tracer. I need to get something good for my wife this year to hopefully spark more interest in mountain biking.

The xfusion offerings ate definitely on my radar.

Jan. 6, 2015, 3:47 p.m.

agreed, nice work wh

is this her first juniper? i've been thinking of getting my wife one, but i haven't heard any feedback on them

fwiw, the only saddle my wife has ever expressed a preference for is the avocet touring ii on her breezer :dizzy:

She hasn't ridden it, but when at Summit last year in Whistler, she sat on one and liked it immediately. She rides a lot - about 4 days/week - and most of it anti-shuttle, so she knows what she likes under her bum.

So when I picked up the bike, I grabbed the seat for a splash of colour, while trying to keep everything else black and matte grey.

Poz - this will be my wife's 3rd Intense. She's keeping her Uzzi with Lyrik DH as her DH/bike park bike, but this Tracer 275 will replace her aging 6.6. She's been wanting to go 27.5 and the tt and and st and reach dimensions are pretty similar to what she's on and comfortable with, so I stuck with the brand.

The only think I don't like about Intense is that the decals are always over the clearcoat. I guess this is good if you want to go black-out on the bike, but I think they do a pretty classy decal job.

Jan. 7, 2015, 1:54 p.m.

Here's mine.
It has so far only been a brief honeymoon as I've only put the bike together in mid-September. I almost got out for a ride on New Year's day in Squamish but, y'know, New Year's eve.

XL Banshee Prime.
33lbs - bathroom scale weighed.
I weighed it before I changed over to tubeless.
I've also changed out the rear tire from the HR2 to a Hans Dampf.
My additions are going to be a LEV post and some sort of taco/guide protector.

Jan. 7, 2015, 2:07 p.m.

XL Banshee Prime.

nice. the prime is probably my favorite full suspension bike ridden to date. i think i've seen that bike on an mtbr thread?

are you running a stock 34 up front? seriously undergunned fork for that frame, in my opinion. i ran mine for a while with a fork of the same caliber… swapped a pike in this summer… oh my goodness

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 7, 2015, 5:52 p.m.

nice. the prime is probably my favorite full suspension bike ridden to date. i think i've seen that bike on an mtbr thread?

are you running a stock 34 up front? seriously undergunned fork for that frame, in my opinion. i ran mine for a while with a fork of the same caliber… swapped a pike in this summer… oh my goodness

Thanks!
Yes, you have seen it on MTBR. I'm definitely more active on that site than here.

The fork is the 2014 FIT Float CTD. It works but I can't quite get it set up to where I want it. I'd much rather HSC and LSC settings than the CTD. But, the fork was included in the deal I got on the frame.
I'll ride the fork for a full season before I give up on it. Unless I come across an amazing deal for a Pike or the 29" Fox 36.

Jan. 7, 2015, 5:58 p.m.

Thanks!
Yes, you have seen it on MTBR. I'm definitely more active on that site than here.

The fork is the 2014 FIT Float CTD. It works but I can't quite get it set up to where I want it. I'd much rather HSC and LSC settings than the CTD. But, the fork was included in the deal I got on the frame.
I'll ride the fork for a full season before I give up on it. Unless I come across an amazing deal for a Pike or the 29" Fox 36.

Don't forget this:
Vorsprung 34 damper upgrade
Push Damper upgrade

Jan. 7, 2015, 11:03 p.m.

Don't forget this:
Vorsprung 34 damper upgrade
Push Damper upgrade

I've looked at Vorsprung and it's on my radar.
But I'm coming from an RS Rev on my Honzo which I've smashed to hell on pretty much every trail in the Whistler valley so the Fox FIT CTD fork feels a million times better in stiffness and control. That's why I want to put a full season on the Fox 34 before I make any rash expensive decisions.

Jan. 7, 2015, 11:17 p.m.

Vorsprung tla cartridge will make that fox feel even better:) plus get rid of the CTD that really doesn't work that well anyways.

Shed head!

Jan. 15, 2015, 8:37 a.m.

Just picked this up. So far, the shorter travel is just fine, and the bike is very responsive.

Jan. 18, 2015, 12:56 a.m.

2015 Transition Suppressor

Jan. 20, 2015, 2:15 p.m.

Just picked this up today. 2014 Remedy 9. A few changes; 60mm zero rise Thomson stem, Haven carbon bar, One Up 1 x 10 conversion w/ 30t Race Face NW ring. XR4 2.35 tire up front. My old NRG flats.

Jan. 20, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

Some upgrades to the Stumpy for 2015…

Frame: Specialized Stumpjumper Evo 29 Carbon
Shock: Fox Float CTD
Headset: FSA
Fork: Fox 36 Float 29 150 RC2
Stem: RF Atlas
Bar: RF SIXC
Grips: Chromag Palmskin
Seat: Chromag Moon DT
Seatpost: Specialized Command Post with Fox DOSS lever
Cranks: RF SIXC with OneUp Components 30T ring
BB: RF PF30
Shifter: XT
Derailleur: SLX with OneUp RAD cage
Cassette: XT with OneUp 42T
Chain: SRAM
Brakes: XT 180/160mm
Wheels: SRAM Roam 50
Tires: Specialized Butcher/Slaughter Control 2.3 tubeless
Pedals: RF Atlas

The new 36 150 is lighter than my old 34 140 [HTML_REMOVED] only 4mm longer axle to crown.

Jan. 20, 2015, 6:51 p.m.

Just picked this up. So far, the shorter travel is just fine, and the bike is very responsive.

Perfect.

I looked hard for a Process 134, but eventually gave up. Where'd you pick it up?

I just bought a Trance SX few days ago, better spec but the geo on that Kona is perfection.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Jan. 20, 2015, 11:28 p.m.

Very nice bikes.

That Stumpjumper Evo is a seriously nice bike. They are really fast! And I just love the long low look.

I hope that Spesh shortens the rear a bit for 2016, was my only gripe. Great for seated climbing, but a bit long in berms and on drops.

I had an XL frame though, the wheelbase was pretty long because of that. Your medium might be just right?

Jan. 21, 2015, 8:35 a.m.

I hope the rear centre is no shorter than 440mm on the new bike but marketing may take over.

Stealth that dropper Jon. I'll do it for you if you like. Exact factory drilling and lacquered edges :)

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman