NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

March 19, 2015, 2:30 p.m.

^^^^^Where'd you find that?^^^^^

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 19, 2015, 3:33 p.m.

Here is a pic of my new ride. Can someone help me make the picture visible without the link? Thanks

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

March 19, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

Here is a pic of my new ride. Can someone help me make the picture visible without the link? Thanks

Sure thing. And nice ride.

March 19, 2015, 4 p.m.

The lady's new rig. still a few tweeks to be done to it but she is away for a bit, so I am in no hurry. looks fun.

Is that a front derailleur? Didn't know they still made those ;)

March 19, 2015, 5:53 p.m.

she hated the XX1, and even though she is strong enough to push a 1x10, which she has on her honzo, the 2x was a selling feature for sure, weird I know. ;)

^^^^^Where'd you find that?^^^^^

Bike Co in Whistler/Pemby is selling them.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 20, 2015, 11:15 a.m.

Nowadays….all the bikes are so lust worthy.

yeah. most bikes in the trail/AM category are pretty similar these days: progressive geo, good pedallers, stiff chasis, decent graphic. designs that deviate from the formula are derided as flawed or outdated rather than evaluated on their merits. it's getting a bit boring

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 20, 2015, 12:19 p.m.

not everyone is a slave to fashion of the day ;)

March 22, 2015, 12:28 p.m.

looks great.

Patience brings power

March 23, 2015, 6:46 a.m.

The Reign has had a bit of a tweak. I finally got my Pikes sorted with the Fast Suspension cartridge [HTML_REMOVED] I ditched the Float X off the back - couldn't get it right. I was almost about to put a coil on it - but the Vivid Air swayed me from past experiences.

I'm itching for some carbon, if only they did the Team Advanced as a frame option, i'd be really struggling not to buy one.

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

March 23, 2015, 8:24 a.m.

yeah. most bikes in the trail/AM category are pretty similar these days: progressive geo, good pedallers, stiff chasis, decent graphic. designs that deviate from the formula are derided as flawed or outdated rather than evaluated on their merits. it's getting a bit boring

Yeah, as awesome as these plastic enduro bikes clearly are, they all leave me somewhat dead. I can never see myself dropping 8K on something that looked so sterile. Now this on the other hand :drool:

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 24, 2015, 1:04 a.m.

The Reign has had a bit of a tweak. I finally got my Pikes sorted with the Fast Suspension cartridge [HTML_REMOVED] I ditched the Float X off the back - couldn't get it right. I was almost about to put a coil on it - but the Vivid Air swayed me from past experiences.

I'm itching for some carbon, if only they did the Team Advanced as a frame option, i'd be really struggling not to buy one.

Very nice!

Can you tell us anything about the Fast Suspension cartridge? Did you go for the full cartridge option with pink adjusters or only for the internal rebound/compression tuning?

How does it feel? I've been about to send it off for the fast-suspension upgrade and a service, but it still works good, so I'll probably do it in June.

Cheers
Znarf

March 25, 2015, 7:59 a.m.

I kinda concur. Though I'm an arbitrary contrarian. Chris porter's nicolais are pretty neat though, as are the btr's.

March 25, 2015, 11:33 a.m.

Chris porter's nicolais are pretty neat though

nice concept, not crazy about the execution

matt wragg's black plastic killing machine otoh

:drool:

edit: intense getting in on the "how long can you go?" action

26.25" top tube, 48" wheelbase

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 25, 2015, 11:55 a.m.

gross

March 25, 2015, 12:29 p.m.

gross

and unwieldy for local riding. and possibly misguided

but the point is at least they are trying something new and spurring discussion and progression, rather than simply plasticizing their frames, fidgeting with axle widths, or trotting out "lighter and stiffer!" marketing copy every year, and calling it innovation