NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

Jan. 3, 2015, 2:12 p.m.

Ha, Ha… I would laugh harder but have a wicked head cold. Maybe you could buy it? Its a great frame. I am all about diversity and the spice of life…

Vertically challenged (and it isn't a steel 29'er hardtail with sliding drops) or I'd send you a low-low-low ball offer!

Surprised it hasn't sold yet.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Jan. 3, 2015, 2:15 p.m.

Vertically challenged (and it isn't a steel 29'er hardtail with sliding drops) or I'd send you a low-low-low ball offer!

Surprised it hasn't sold yet.

You can always run a 0mm stem… isn't that all the rage these days? Hoping it will sell soon. Need to finance my son's first serious mtn bike this spring… :-)

Jan. 3, 2015, 2:19 p.m.

[ATTACH]10208[/ATTACH]

Just got this guy for cheap on account of it being 26", alloy, and no enduro colours.

Started swapping over the hardtail parts last night. The plan is to use silver accenting (hope hubs, stem, other small bits).

I've been saying for a while that if I find a XL Blur TR(c if I have to) for cheap I'd buy it.
I'm interested in seeing your finished build.

Jan. 3, 2015, 2:19 p.m.

[ATTACH]10208[/ATTACH]

Just got this guy for cheap on account of it being 26", alloy, and no enduro colours.

Started swapping over the hardtail parts last night. The plan is to use silver accenting (hope hubs, stem, other small bits).

Image posted

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 3, 2015, 2:55 p.m.

You should flip that thing ASAP and buy this beauty: http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=160977

Made In Canada. Unique lines. Great reviews re. Performance.

:-)

:lol:

You can always run a 0mm stem… isn't that all the rage these days? Hoping it will sell soon. Need to finance my son's first serious mtn bike this spring… :-)

Start buying medium frames dick!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 3, 2015, 3:44 p.m.

Image posted

Thanks.

Jan. 3, 2015, 5:13 p.m.

I've been saying for a while that if I find a XL Blur TR(c if I have to) for cheap I'd buy it.
I'm interested in seeing your finished build.

Competetive cyclist is offloading them. Even with our dollar low it's good.

This is an XL. I'm a fan of shorter suspension frames for everything but lift access. I came close to getting a yeti asr-5 but the blur was more tempting.

United cycle in Edmonton was advertising LTs on that other site for cheaper.

Jan. 3, 2015, 5:28 p.m.

How is the Blur for shore riding? HA seems steep and 125 travel in the rear? Been eyeing up the long travel version frame.

Jan. 3, 2015, 7:46 p.m.

How is the Blur for shore riding? HA seems steep and 125 travel in the rear? Been eyeing up the long travel version frame.

Depends on the rider I presume. It has a pretty low BB height. HA is 68' with a 130mm fork, I have a travel adjust fork from 130-150mm so will be playing with that. An angleset and/or shock shim could change things.

I ride the okanagan mostly, have been on a hardtail the last few years and have a big bike for big days.

Jan. 4, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

Depends on the rider I presume. It has a pretty low BB height. HA is 68' with a 130mm fork, I have a travel adjust fork from 130-150mm so will be playing with that. An angleset and/or shock shim could change things.

I ride the okanagan mostly, have been on a hardtail the last few years and have a big bike for big days.

It sounds like I'm the exact same as you aside from living in the Okanagan.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to seriously look into this.

Jan. 5, 2015, 6:25 p.m.

2014 Santa Cruz Bronson. Here, it's pictured in Edmonton. I'm moving to Vancouver at the beginning of March and can't wait to start riding on the shore and in Squamish.

Since that picture was taken, I've swapped the bars out for Race Face Next 760 width and Half Nelson grips. I've also ditched the front derailleur, added a Wolf Tooth 30T front and a 40T plus 16T on the rear from One Up. I switched out the Deore brakes for XT brakes as well.

Before the season starts, I would really like to upgrade the rear shock to a CCDBA or CC Inline.

Jan. 5, 2015, 8:03 p.m.

I'm on a Warden for 2015…

(sorry for the small pic)

Jan. 6, 2015, 11:47 a.m.

Mrs. WH is a long-term Intense fan, as their small is truly small and fits her well.

This 2015 Tracer T275 is her Xmas gift. Slightly slacker head angle for 2015. SLX drivetrain. Upgraded RaceFace front end, Spank Pedals, and Chromag Juniper seat.

Living room test and online reviews say the XFusion Sweep is remarkably capable. Feels out-of-the-box smooth and well controlled in the Living Room, as does the redesigned RLX 02: http://www.xfusionshox.com/product/shocks/o2-series/rlx.html

Time will tell. But she blew a gasket when she saw that under the tree (in a good way).

Jan. 6, 2015, 1:25 p.m.

Mrs. WH is a long-term Intense fan, as their small is truly small and fits her well.

This 2015 Tracer T275 is her Xmas gift. Slightly slacker head angle for 2015. SLX drivetrain. Upgraded RaceFace front end, Spank Pedals, and Chromag Juniper seat.

Living room test and online reviews say the XFusion Sweep is remarkably capable. Feels out-of-the-box smooth and well controlled in the Living Room, as does the redesigned RLX 02: http://www.xfusionshox.com/product/shocks/o2-series/rlx.html

Time will tell. But she blew a gasket when she saw that under the tree (in a good way).

Nicely done!!

Jan. 6, 2015, 3:11 p.m.

agreed, nice work wh

is this her first juniper? i've been thinking of getting my wife one, but i haven't heard any feedback on them

fwiw, the only saddle my wife has ever expressed a preference for is the avocet touring ii on her breezer :dizzy:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave