NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

Feb. 26, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

8degree backsweep syntace vector carbon?

According to German testing the safest and strongest bar on the market, race face was really good as well. Other companies not so much, KORE was really weak in the German bike mag test session…

Still on the fence if I notice better damping, but I sure like that it's super wide and has a lot of rise. (Comes also in low rise variants)

Feb. 26, 2015, 11:10 a.m.

According to German testing the safest and strongest bar on the market, race face was really good as well. Other companies not so much, KORE was really weak in the German bike mag test session…

Still on the fence if I notice better damping, but I sure like that it's super wide and has a lot of rise. (Comes also in low rise variants)

what mag was it that you saw the tests in?

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Feb. 26, 2015, 7:48 p.m.

RF bars are 8deg as well

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 26, 2015, 8:56 p.m.

looks like a process?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 26, 2015, 9:02 p.m.

Feb. 27, 2015, 12:07 a.m.

There were to separate tests. One in the FREERIDE mag and one in BIKE (German mag, not to be mixed up with the American thing)

If you go to www.syntace.com there's a pdf with the complete review/test as a pdf download. My stupid iPhone doesn't let me embed it here.

Just navigate to the syntace vector carbon page, there's an English version of the site as well.

Pretty interesting stuff.

If you cant find it or want anything translated, feel free to tell me. No problem…

Feb. 27, 2015, 1:03 a.m.

I just got a Syntace bar for the trail bike. I think they're probably the best engineered carbon parts. They seem to understand the material science rather they just putting a bar on a few test cycles and calling it strong enough.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 27, 2015, 6:02 a.m.

looks like a process?

Commencal Meta AM V4… linkage driven single-pivot similar to a lot of other designs out there.

Feb. 27, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

Nice. Love the spartan. looks like a killer ride.

Feb. 27, 2015, 12:37 p.m.

what mag was it that you saw the tests in?

I have it. Think it's mountain BIKE… German version.

Feb. 28, 2015, 1:46 p.m.

Definitely in my top five favourite bikes, both colour flavours, and the white just has a nice classic look-of course you would need to have a matching white pickup to lug it around in to make it a perfect match. ;)

March 2, 2015, 11:40 a.m.

Transition Suppressor! Destined to pick up where my Covert left off, another year with a WBP season pass.

March 4, 2015, 8:41 p.m.

Finally got it built up.

Got out for a maiden ride a couple days back. Another one today.

Feels great so far. I was testing different travels on the fork and 140mm feels just right up and down.

Comes in at 32.5 lbs with winter tires on and a front wheel heavier than my rear. Shooting for under 30 and don't think it will be hard to get with rubber and front wheel alone.

Hoping to get a KS Lev post soon and definitely a matching front wheel.

March 5, 2015, 9:41 a.m.

DeanW

How's the Manitou suspension treating you? Don't see much of that around anymore. I still have an old Travis from years ago. Was a good fork.

The fork is fantastic. It is super plush and controlled. i totally recommend this

Good to hear more positive reviews about the Mattoc. I was a huge fan of the older Dorado. Do you have any set up and service tips? Did you modify your own tools to service it or purchase them from Manitou?

Your bike looks great, they always do!

I have not needed to service my fork yet, BUT I think it is due for an oil change very soon.

I'll report any issues that I encounter.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

March 5, 2015, 9:56 a.m.

The fork is fantastic. It is super plush and controlled. i totally recommend this

I have not needed to service my fork yet, BUT I think it is due for an oil change very soon.

I'll report any issues that I encounter.

If you don't already have it, I believe a ground down socket or special socket purchased from Manitou is required for the service.

I also have the Mattoc and am very much liking the ride it provides. Haven't rode the new 36 or Pike, but compared to the Factory 34, the Mattoc is miles (km here in Canada) above it.