NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

Feb. 25, 2015, 2:38 p.m.

I don't get it. Is carbon worth what? Didn't you already buy the bar? Is it saving you seconds climbing? Do your hands feel .5% less numb after a ride?
I say ride it and if it is good then it is good. I love gear, too but maybe sometimes we get too focused on the shiny bits.

Probably not that far. But when I needed a new bar it was worth asking a few questions. Am I sacrificing durability or safety with a carbon bar that saves me 100g? Is there actually a noticeable damping quality?

30 rides later my Joystick carbon bar looks good as new. It definitely has a specific and subtle ride quality that is distinct from alloy. A bunch of impacts I'm sure would have gouged an alloy bar didn't leave a scratch on it. I was a bit leery but now I'm totally fine with a carbon bar.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 25, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

I don't get it. Is carbon worth what? Didn't you already buy the bar? Is it saving you seconds climbing? Do your hands feel .5% less numb after a ride?
I say ride it and if it is good then it is good. I love gear, too but maybe sometimes we get too focused on the shiny bits.

I get what you are saying…but I am techy and love to figure stuff out like this.

Yes I already have the bars…and as I said a few posts ago I have not noticed a large difference, but I have not ridden them back to back. Is the carbon worth it, or do we just love bling that much…lol. (I do think I know the answer to that question..hah)

Feb. 25, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

I didnt notice any advantage with a carbon bar until I went back to aluminum. It was the difference between having to stop for arm pump and totally forgetting it was ever an issue

Feb. 25, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

I get what you are saying…but I am techy and love to figure stuff out like this.

Yes I already have the bars…and as I said a few posts ago I have not noticed a large difference, but I have not ridden them back to back. Is the carbon worth it, or do we just love bling that much…lol. (I do think I know the answer to that question..hah)

Fair enough. :)

Feb. 25, 2015, 3:32 p.m.

30 rides later my Joystick carbon bar looks good as new. It definitely has a specific and subtle ride quality that is distinct from alloy. A bunch of impacts I'm sure would have gouged an alloy bar didn't leave a scratch on it. I was a bit leery but now I'm totally fine with a carbon bar.

Cool. Thanks for mentioning that too. I tried to find out more about the Joystick carbon bars but not much info on the technology. from what i understand the six-c carbon fibre is made with a proprietary in-house technology that allows it to have the benefits of better abrasion resistance. is there anything comparable to say with the joystick bars? has anyone gotten a comprehensive sales pitch about the joystick carbon bars in terms of engineering and design to make them more abrasion resistant?

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Feb. 25, 2015, 3:39 p.m.

New Yellow bike for 2015… the build that took forever. Ready to ride.

Feb. 25, 2015, 4:14 p.m.

What?!?! No dropper post!!!!

J/K. Nice bike.

Shed head!

Feb. 25, 2015, 4:17 p.m.

Nice….can't wait to hear how you like it!

Feb. 25, 2015, 4:59 p.m.

What?!?! No dropper post!!!!
J/K. Nice bike.

Long story, but no dropper for now… kicking it old school for a bit.

Feb. 25, 2015, 5 p.m.

Nice….can't wait to hear how you like it!

I just can't wait to ride it in anger… ;)

Feb. 25, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

I didnt notice any advantage with a carbon bar until I went back to aluminum. It was the difference between having to stop for arm pump and totally forgetting it was ever an issue

what bars Ty ?? and trail riding or dh riding ??

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 25, 2015, 7:05 p.m.

what bars Ty ?? and trail riding or dh riding ??

SixC. Trail bike but they get ridden like a dh these days anyway.

Feb. 25, 2015, 7:10 p.m.

SixC. Trail bike but they get ridden like a dh these days anyway.

cool will check them out i need some new bars and i only trail ride now and get arm pump on certain sections

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 25, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

SixC have given me no issues on two of my bikes. Great bars.

Shed head!

Feb. 25, 2015, 8:47 p.m.

i need a bar with less pullback , i have Atlas Cash $$ bars and they are the same specs bend wise

#northsidetrailbuilders